Recommend me a carbon filter/fan combo

• Thread starter Cereall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cereall

I have about an 8' x 8' room that is totally sealed and looking for recommendations on an adequate sized CFM fan and filter

Before i just went overboard and had a 10" fan and filter" and looking for something a little smaller maybe to cut down on the noise and vibration. Have just sold that and looking for something else

So please, any recommendations on the size of everything and where to buy?

thanks

hiboy

hiboy

If you still have that fan you are talkiing about, but a speed control and you can tune it right where you want. They work awesome.!!!! A 3' filter would do you plenty,
hiboy

C

Cereall

no the filter lost its efficiency so it was garbage.... then i sold the fan to a friend with plans on going smaller

it was a 10" plastic fan that was only like 230$ and worked real good but a lot of vibration and noise is all

C

CAPO

Vortex fans last forever and I use OriginalCanFan..they seem to last the longest.

D

dedust

max fans with can fan, phresh, etc. filters should be cool. also, you can use a muffler to dampen the sound...

C

Cereall

I had a vortex, was way too loud IMO and too much vibration even when suspended from rubber hangers from the ceiling

i then switched to sunleaves plastic fans and no complaints but still, a little loud but i was running a 10" model which is why i think maybe a smaller fan will be quiter?

Never tried a muffler... i always have used phresh filters but debating on sticking with phresh or switching to can?

SO

BEST FAN BRAND?

BEST FILTER?

and what size CFM?

hiboy

hiboy

Well vortex is the best imo, but its too loud for you so you need the best fan for YOU. The speed controller will lower your spin and therfore lower :harvest:your decibals.
hiboy

C

Cereall

ok im confused

i had this fan for a while

i thought this was a vortex

then i also saw this one

I would imagine the 2nd one was the one you recommend which i now understand. I was just misinformed i think by the name of my previous fan

Then the fan i most recently had was a 10" model of this

Just trying to clear things up

And a 10" fan with a controller is sounding better and better so i can just run at like 50% and get less vibration and noise i would assume

Thanks for replies

hiboy

hiboy

Its gotta say vortex to be one, others mighta been`a phoney. Highly recommended is the speed controller. Yes exactly,less noise and vib, i will go in the g .room and get the name on it.
hiboy

C

Cereall

appreciated

like you said i mustve just bought a mislabeled product as it was very loud and metal, and i liked my last plastic fan... might have to go with the vortex like you said and compare agains the sunleaves model...

this time ill get the speed controller and should make quite the difference

hiboy

hiboy

I have a sunleaves windtunnel, all plastic, but this is an inline duct booster (not a canister fan). I use it to pull fresh air in from outside. The speed control is called the speedster. yellow box. I think it was 30 bucks.
hiboy

C

Cereall

Thanks for looking, I had a sunleaves windtunnel 10" model all plastic.. Nice fan but had lots of vibration and i suspended with lots of rubber mounts and that helped, but still a lot of vibration on above floor when i was upstairs.
I think im going to pick up another 10" and try the speed controller...

thanks for all your help hiboy
+rep

hiboy

hiboy

You bet homie,\
Are you in Miami,
if so go heat. We had it to much wit them lakers.
hiboy

Top Bottom