Recommendations for a commercial supersoil?

• Thread starter Godswrath
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Godswrath

Godswrath

This will be for my first grow. I want to buy a packaged soil for my first time. Any recommendations? Buildasoil 3.0, perhaps?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
any number of packaged soils or " water only " soils are out there.. pick one or 2 combine and run with it :D

I'm running Dr' earths and promix BX w/ added micro fungi.

Wanted fox farm mix but sold out.

Godswrath

Godswrath

any number of packaged soils or " water only " soils are out there.. pick one or 2 combine and run with it :D

I'm running Dr' earths and promix BX w/ added micro fungi.

Wanted fox farm mix but sold out.

Thanks! I pulled the trigger on BuildaSoil 3.0. I bought some clover cover crop and top soil from them too. Hoping I can keep the soil healthy for a long time. I'll be using it in a 30 gal cloth pot (1 plant in a 3x3 scrogged) .

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Thanks! I pulled the trigger on BuildaSoil 3.0. I bought some clover cover crop and top soil from them too. Hoping I can keep the soil healthy for a long time. I'll be using it in a 30 gal cloth pot (1 plant in a 3x3 scrogged) .

Ouch if you arent local. Always try to stay local cause shipping soil is expensive.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im still trying to figure out were super soil comes from,in my opinion it is over rated really,you take a bunch of minerals load up the soil and still when you water it ,it leaches out,the whole idea was to use it in bottom layer of your pots,or bags ,but still all the minerals leach out,in ground on the other hand i would use for that,if it leach any were it goes to the sub soil ,therefore making it usable soil,it is for the plant as it matures.
sub cools theroy was for a last transplanted plant to sit in,by the last transplant the plant should be running around 1.5 ec right,well that mix of minerals it would be able to stand,and use water only,anything under 1 ec i would asume there would be issues,just a thought and mine alone,very debatable,
what i do think works best is proper mixture of minerals and cooked into the soil,not a super soil that is hot but a mix that you can grow anything in,so the term super soil is just a sales gimmick,and most find it hard to grow in if they dont do there homework in studies of it,were as a reg balanced mix is great for the adverage dumb ass like me hahaha.
subbys mix is expensive,build a soil is off there rocker,why buy from them when they wont bulk save you,ive tried couple times buying there gear each time they want to charge me shipping on each individal product ,hell with that,kelp4less soil cutter starter is what i use to use,but they figured it really does work and raised the prices to crazy level.
so is there really a super soil,who knows check the soil right under your foot first,you would be surprised what you stand on and just a few amends to bring up npk values would build your own super soil,treat it right with bioligy and damn all them high dollar products

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
im still trying to figure out were super soil comes from,in my opinion it is over rated really,you take a bunch of minerals load up the soil and still when you water it ,it leaches out,the whole idea was to use it in bottom layer of your pots,or bags ,but still all the minerals leach out,in ground on the other hand i would use for that,if it leach any were it goes to the sub soil ,therefore making it usable soil,it is for the plant as it matures.
sub cools theroy was for a last transplanted plant to sit in,by the last transplant the plant should be running around 1.5 ec right,well that mix of minerals it would be able to stand,and use water only,anything under 1 ec i would asume there would be issues,just a thought and mine alone,very debatable,
what i do think works best is proper mixture of minerals and cooked into the soil,not a super soil that is hot but a mix that you can grow anything in,so the term super soil is just a sales gimmick,and most find it hard to grow in if they dont do there homework in studies of it,were as a reg balanced mix is great for the adverage dumb ass like me hahaha.
subbys mix is expensive,build a soil is off there rocker,why buy from them when they wont bulk save you,ive tried couple times buying there gear each time they want to charge me shipping on each individal product ,hell with that,kelp4less soil cutter starter is what i use to use,but they figured it really does work and raised the prices to crazy level.
so is there really a super soil,who knows check the soil right under your foot first,you would be surprised what you stand on and just a few amends to bring up npk values would build your own super soil,treat it right with bioligy and damn all them high dollar products

Vic High is the original that cooked it up with the "super soil" term. Sub modded the recipe a little and adopted it.

Yeah after about Denver delivery for Buildasoil starts to get a little crazy for bulk stuff.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Vic High is the original that cooked it up with the "super soil" term. Sub modded the recipe a little and adopted it.

Yeah after about Denver delivery for Buildasoil starts to get a little crazy for bulk stuff.
they dont realize how much money they loose from me alone,i literally live on a rock all my soil is built and i love gardening hahah,ya they got cheap prices ,some the best,but hit the check out button and damn ,one thing i can say about kelp4less,there price is right up front and believe me when i say there packaging is bomb,i get every package to texas in 3 days max,most time 2 days,and the mail lady hates them orange taped boxes hahahah.
another place i use a lot more than kelp is kissorganics,they dont have the abundance of selection though.
my abrevation of super soil is soil were i dont have to do nothing but eye ball my tree from a far hahah,the bioligy and worms feed it,3 or 4 times a year i throw some food in there for the microbes and worms and it dont need water,and you can see the dirt move ,ya the soil food web at work hahaha,thats super soil,all other is supper amends and super my bank account hahah

Top Bottom