Recommendations for my ailing cannabis plant

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Hi I hope this is allowed here I am growing some different strains of weed .

Seems like I had the same problems when I was in soil.

I am growing in 70/30 coco perlite, 25 pct worm castings, and granular 5-4-5 fertilizer mixed in. They've been in these pots (1.6 L) for like 3 weeks. LED lights 40 pct 30 in. distance. Feed tap water that has been bubbled.

I notice Mg deficiency in the lightness between veins. I added some epsom salt to water and gave small amount of Calmag once but little effect. I've been pHing to 6.3-6.4. Drain to waste, hand watering when pots are light, 15 pct runoff (?)

I recently got a chlorine water filter and only one watering with that so far. I will start pHing lower; to 6 then 5.8. I have no EC test equipment. Have not pHd runoff.

This is strawberry cough. The big fan leaves get gray/blue spots then the leaf turns yellow and dies. Notice no big fan leaves at bottom:
Recommendations for my ailing cannabis plant

Recommendations for my ailing cannabis plant 2

These suffer from claw, leaf tips pointing down, for a little while now. The tiny growth at bottom nodes looks kind of light to me.

This is Durban poison. It gets brown spots then the leaf yellows and dies.
Recommendations for my ailing cannabis plant 3

Recommendations for my ailing cannabis plant 4

This is white widow. It's probably the least bothered
Recommendations for my ailing cannabis plant 5

Recommendations for my ailing cannabis plant 6

Notice the striated and somewhat crinkled leaf development on some of the top leaves.

What do YOU think 🤔

Hopefully this bullshit water filter and a lower pH range will help. I see root tips in the pot drain holes. Think they're ready to transplant?

I just topped in these photos.

Thanks

R

ritoMox

"You guys should also know that with the iron and nitrogen deficiencies, you will notice the leaves affected by iron deficiency on the top of the plant while the bottom leaves are healthy, and a plant with nitrogen deficiency will have the affected leaves on the bottom, with healthier upper leaves. At first of course, after a while the whole plant will suffer"

Link: Deficiency And Abundance Of Fertilization Elements - for (home)growers

Moshmen

Moshmen

I would suggest more research on your grow medium of choice - soil is simple coco is more work , nutes , water everything - I don’t do coco so take what I say with a grain of salt.
1- never let coco dry out ( that’s your soil exp.)
Looks like you adjusted your ph? I’m thinking more like 5.8/6

You should not have added worm castings -

Did you rinse and buffer the coco ?

Start by keeping them watered

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Thank you for your reply. I just got a chloramine filter and plan to start pHing water nearer to 6.

The coco was not rinsed. It is pre buffered FF Cultivation Nation.

I added EWC and granular fertilizer to copy YouTube's Canucks Grow "super coco just add water bullshit".

I gave worm tea today because I had some ready. Maybe somebody recognizes something in the pictures.

ClarenceR

ClarenceR

I am growing in 70/30 coco perlite, 25 pct worm castings, and granular 5-4-5 fertilizer mixed in. They've been in these pots (1.6 L) for like 3 weeks. LED lights 40 pct 30 in. distance. Feed tap water that has been bubbled.

I notice Mg deficiency in the lightness between veins. I added some epsom salt to water and gave small amount of Calmag once but little effect. I've been pHing to 6.3-6.4. Drain to waste, hand watering when pots are light, 15 pct runoff (?)

I recently got a chlorine water filter and only one watering with that so far. I will start pHing lower; to 6 then 5.8. I have no EC test equipment. Have not pHd runoff.

This is strawberry cough. The big fan leaves get gray/blue spots then the leaf turns yellow and dies. Notice no big fan leaves at bottom:
View attachment 1271234
View attachment 1271235
These suffer from claw, leaf tips pointing down, for a little while now. The tiny growth at bottom nodes looks kind of light to me.

View attachment 1271236
View attachment 1271239

View attachment 1271240

View attachment 1271241
Notice the striated and somewhat crinkled leaf development on some of the top leaves.

What do YOU think 🤔

Hopefully this bullshit water filter and a lower pH range will help. I see root tips in the pot drain holes. Think they're ready to transplant?

Thanks
Great job!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

View attachment 1271234
View attachment 1271235

View attachment 1271236
View attachment 1271239

View attachment 1271240

View attachment 1271241

What do YOU think 🤔

Thanks
For what its worth, my guess is over watered and they should have been transplanted a month ago....I'll bet they are root wrapped in the pots and you are keeping them wet.

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Thank you for your replies. I have been away for a while.

Perhaps pictures soon but this combination helped immensely:
  • Started pH ing nearer to 5.8. this is counter to Canucks Grow which I was modeling after
  • Added a heater, got up to 82 in there
  • Into 3 gal pots with fresh fertilizer and worn poop
They are doing swell now, about to flip the lights. Only thing is perhaps slight Mg deficiency in some.

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Plants are now much farther along and pictures here from 2 weeks past light schedule change.

I quit using aquarium bubbler in feed water. Added a chlorine filter but have to get water from garden hose. Output pH about 8 so I have to add about 2.4 mL/gal of chemical pH down. Still using organics in coco medium.

Nonetheless, these changes, plus repotting with new powder nutrients, adding heater to 79-80F, and lots of humidity, made a big difference. Grew up mostly just fine.

But let me share these pictures of minor leaf markings. First 3 pics of strawberry cough plant, third is WW:
20220922 195003 resized

20220922 195010 resized

20220922 195014 resized resized

20220922 195450 resized

I did a foliar application of Epsom salt water. I'll re mix new stuff today and continue.

No pictures, but on SC plant I noticed dark green leaves and lots of red leaf stems. Some of the leaves had bad taco'ing outward and like a spiral curl at the end. I attributed this to bring close to lights, 12 in, or directly in fan path. Seemed common in those areas.

Only thing I have left to do is top dress with final 2-8-4 feeding and worm castings. I'm at 2.5 week flower now, should probably add that soon right?

Any advice? Thanks

Top Bottom