Recommendations on 4in inline fan

• Thread starter Gashuffer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

It came last night! Getting it all set up in my kitchen. Once I get her into the tent, I’ll put another couple pics up and then feedback after I have it used for a week or so.

BA42AB48 EB9E 45C8 A5E8 B12EA06241B4

One thing that would be nice is if I could
save a flower and a veg setting range. So I could just set up both and flip between the two. The alternative is to manually change my settings to hit my ranges for each lifecycle.

Here are my ranges. I at least have them documented in my grow log and can quickly adjust as needed for future grows.

5482CCBB 714E 4877 A693 8F9ED8E43330

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I’m seeing the T4 for $120, but out of stock. If I can get it for that, I’d be ok spending 120.

the T6 is like $150, but I also don’t want a vortex in my little grow tent! But I think I’d be ok with $150 especially if it does my thinking for me.
I just bought mine from ac infinity directly and with shipping and 4” carbon filter was $170 out the door. That was last week.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I just bought mine from ac infinity directly and with shipping and 4” carbon filter was $170 out the door. That was last week.

I got my T4 from Ebay for $126, only because that's the first place I saw that had it available and not for $300+. I have a carbon filter already, so i didn't need to include that. I'll be using my carbon filter for the drying box I'm putting together. I vent tent directly outside from my grow tent. So I just get a nice aroma in my backyard. :P

tobh

tobh

Supporter
sweet! Just ordered the 6". After doing some research, I guess the 4" doesn't create a lot of static pressure, so with a filter the fan's ability to move air gets hit pretty hard. I will have to run a filter, though, as I don't want friends/neighbors smelling the goods 😁

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
sweet! Just ordered the 6". After doing some research, I guess the 4" doesn't create a lot of static pressure, so with a filter the fan's ability to move air gets hit pretty hard. I will have to run a filter, though, as I don't want friends/neighbors smelling the goods 😁
I use my T4 for intake air. Then I have another inside with filter for exhaust. Definitely helps with my tent walls not sucking in.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Here’s the install so far. I’ll feel out where I want to mount the controls in the next week or so. I’ll likely mount it onto the side of the tent, but want to give it a little time before I start doing any modifications to the tent itself.

EDC5A85E 0DFC 412C 8423 951EF3AFC648

8721DC42 8506 4015 86D9 CB297E4B61F3

Indiva710

Indiva710

Get the AC infinity you will be much happier it's a badass fan it's stupid efficient it's very very quiet pry thee most on the market for both of those and the digital controller is nice....However you can only use one of the settings at a time so it's either by temp or rh not both...I set mine for temp and call it a day...
I have a t6 for my 4.5x4.5tent now I could of went with a t4 but it's more efficient this way and it does like 5w more only but I believe the t6 is 150 but we'll worth every penny....In the meantime I would recommend you contact vivosun u might have to send a quick video of the fan making noise it's a cheap bearing issue I have the same fan...They will send you a replacement in the mean time so your not out a exhaust fan ..... And plus always nice to have a spare or use it for something else even later on....

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I ended up getting refunded by Vivosun for the fan, and now I just bought another T4 for my dry box. $99 on eBay for a new one. I thought my $120 I got my first one was good!

I had used the squeaky Vivosun fan for my dry box but you could hear it worming upstairs. Hard to hide it when folks that I don’t want to know that I’m growing are over at the house. lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom