Recommendations / Suggestions for my 1st full size - Grow Tent 600W

• Thread starter mgjscdhl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mgjscdhl

After 3 failed attempts with a "stealth grow" I'm going to "full-scale".
I want to get a grow tent instead of building the room because a) I'm not that handy b) I may be
moving in 6-8 months. I hope to be the last thread before my next grow but will keep it updated up
until the seedlings pop…. Two variables I haven't decided on, yet, are seeds and nutrients.
I don't think I want to try organics because Its easier for me and if I run into problems I
should be able to provide ph as well as ec/tds readings.

I have two "favorite" choices for nutrients:
adv. nutrients - Sensi grow/bloom /w ph perfect
Canna grow/bloom for soil.

I have two sets of seeds I either got free from a seed bank or from the community.
If I can't get them to "pop" I intend on buying a sative/indica hybrid from a seed bank.
I'm only growing 4 plants at a time, no more than 6.

10x c99 / Cherry Bomb
10x "Mystery Seeds" (genetics unknown)

The tent I was looking at is Secret Jardin dr2 120 - 4x4'x7' tent, going by
the specs on their site I was looking at the following for hardware:

600w switchable/dimmable lumitek hps/mh digital ballast
450cfm 6' vortex fan
Air-tight, cooled 6' reflector (SilverStar / Sunbox)
Can Filter 50 - 420CFM

I will be growing in sunshine mix #4
I already have a 4x 24w t5 fluorescent lamp for seedlings
Hanna tds/ec/ph meter
… Misc pots, temp/hum, etc..

These seem to be similar design/specs as several threads I've looked at. I'll need to choose my ventilation later on, and
lighting. I saw some "controllers" at the hydroponic store today. One (grozone tv2) was a day/night temperature sensor
that looked really cool. Has anybody from here had any experience with them?

As always I'd appreciate any criticism or suggestions by the community. If I've neglected some information please ask.

Thanks for viewing
Geo

S

seebobsled

Not a bad list but things to consider...
How are you going to control humidity?
Where are you going to vent your heat to? What are you going to do if you have a temperature issue? Also the growzone is not a bad controller if all you want is temp? Not to discourage you but 3 attempts and failed. Going bigger is not gonna solve the issues. What was the reasons of failure?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Good luck homie.. I hope u pull a harvest this time.. Keep at it & u will get it..

M

mgjscdhl

Most of my failures were due to nutrient deficiencies or overwatering, one due to lighting.

I have several methods to vent the heat/exhaust actually but the temperature is fairly easy to maintain in that enviroment.
One A.I.R. model has humidity range and it'll either turn on a humidifier or dehumidifier depending on that. Or upgrading the current humidifier for this size room.

Edit: Oh. and since space isn't a limiting factor. I could put my old humidifier inside the tent..

Thanks for visiting
and I'm hoping a harvest too, sooner than later

M

Motherhugger

Love that you're using the pH Perfect lineup from Advanced Nutrients. Super awesome nutrients.

I would totally suggest that you add other pH Perfect nutes and think about getting rid of the Canna. All AN is the best way to go, IMO

After 3 failed attempts with a "stealth grow" I'm going to "full-scale".
I want to get a grow tent instead of building the room because a) I'm not that handy b) I may be
moving in 6-8 months. I hope to be the last thread before my next grow but will keep it updated up
until the seedlings pop…. Two variables I haven't decided on, yet, are seeds and nutrients.
I don't think I want to try organics because Its easier for me and if I run into problems I
should be able to provide ph as well as ec/tds readings.

I have two "favorite" choices for nutrients:
adv. nutrients - Sensi grow/bloom /w ph perfect
Canna grow/bloom for soil.

I have two sets of seeds I either got free from a seed bank or from the community.
If I can't get them to "pop" I intend on buying a sative/indica hybrid from a seed bank.
I'm only growing 4 plants at a time, no more than 6.

10x c99 / Cherry Bomb
10x "Mystery Seeds" (genetics unknown)

The tent I was looking at is Secret Jardin dr2 120 - 4x4'x7' tent, going by
the specs on their site I was looking at the following for hardware:

600w switchable/dimmable lumitek hps/mh digital ballast
450cfm 6' vortex fan
Air-tight, cooled 6' reflector (SilverStar / Sunbox)
Can Filter 50 - 420CFM

I will be growing in sunshine mix #4
I already have a 4x 24w t5 fluorescent lamp for seedlings
Hanna tds/ec/ph meter
… Misc pots, temp/hum, etc..

These seem to be similar design/specs as several threads I've looked at. I'll need to choose my ventilation later on, and
lighting. I saw some "controllers" at the hydroponic store today. One (grozone tv2) was a day/night temperature sensor
that looked really cool. Has anybody from here had any experience with them?

As always I'd appreciate any criticism or suggestions by the community. If I've neglected some information please ask.

Thanks for viewing
Geo

M

mgjscdhl

I absolutely need something simple and ph was the issue on my first stealth.
I haven't found any other system that supposedly does what AN says they will

Jon808Burn

Jon808Burn

have you used the lumatek before or is this a new purchase, was thinking of buying the same product. sorry im not really adding anything to help as i am a newbie to this game haha just trying to get info myself

Top Bottom