Recovering from low ph issues, *help*

• Thread starter Lopez1901
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lopez1901

*Hi guys first post here so sorry if this isn’t in the right place! Thanks for all the advice in advance*

I recently had some issues in my dwc set up. Ph dropped to 3-4 for a few days which was in turn caused deficiencies that I’m still trying to overcome. Plants are now healthier than they were but growth is definitely slower than i would have wanted for the first 2 weeks of flower. I’m hoping i can get over the issues fairly soon so I don’t destroy my yields too much. I think the issue is a potassium deficiency due to low PH. I flushed through with ph’d water and now have e.c at 0.8 which is low but it appears stable. Any advice on whether on im on the right track to getting over it. cheers

Recovering from low ph issues help
Reactions: PK1
L

Lopez1901

All Stems are also fully purple. Strain is big blue cheese, room temps 26 lights on 19 off and root temps 18-21c

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Welcome to THC, if the ph was the only problem than you should be okay now. keep the ph to 5.5/5.9 and the damaged leaves won't get fixed but watch the new growth closely to see if there is anything else coming up. what type of nutrients are you using? Live system or enzyme?

L

Lopez1901

Welcome to THC, if the ph was the only problem than you should be okay now. keep the ph to 5.5/5.9 and the damaged leaves won't get fixed but watch the new growth closely to see if there is anything else coming up. what type of nutrients are you using? Live system or enzyme?
Hi mate thank you for replying, I’m using Aptus nutrients which I believe is quite a good line. Just running theirs all in one nute, super pk boost and top boost.

L

Lopez1901

Do you have any idea what this will do to my overall yields. I think I probably have at least 7-8 weeks of flowering left so hopefully it doesn’t kill my yields too much

O

ochemdonkey

yeah your plant is deficient on a bunch if metals now from the low pH. it will stunt your flower, but you'll live.

L

Lopez1901

yeah your plant is deficient on a bunch if metals now from the low pH. it will stunt your flower, but you'll live.
Hi mate thanks for the reply! Yea I’m now giving them 0.8 ec which is low but im hoping they will start up taking nutes again now ph is stable and i will just have to change the res more often to keep up with the need for a higher ec over the next couple weeks. Would you say that sounds about right? Cheers

Choppr

Choppr

Usually mid or after stretch you will be "N" deficient too, often growers will cut Nitrogen too early, as soon as they see flower-pre stretch, stretch is a Veg phaze (not a bloom phaze) in fact it is the biggest last push of Veg in its life cycle and will deplete Nitrogen from the leaves(causing mass yellowing) . Yes lockout will cause many deficiencies, dont over-react get PH sqaured away 1st continue normal feeding, always good too when plants are stressed back your Lights off for a few days. Arguably many strains have red stems naturally. GL M8

Latest posts

Top Bottom