Recovering Overwatered plants?

• Thread starter dannygrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dannygrow

dannygrow

I overwatered approx 5 days ago was super droppy and curled in and transplanted into 5 gallons from solo cups.
First time growing outdoor in stepwell soil been watering with RO only.

Recovering overwatered plants
Plant 2jpg
BigCube

BigCube

Let them dry out, they should recover themselves. Walmart sells a cheap moisture meter in the seasonal section if you want to be absolutely sure.

The problem with going from small pot to massive pot is that you are now watering mostly dirt. The plants roots arent even %10 of that mass right now, more water than it needs and takes longer to dry out.

It can be done but its tricky. I prefer to go in to 1gal from solo then in to my 3 gal when the plant gets bigger.

Now all you can do is wait and not water.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plant looks fine, but like was mentioned earlier, it will take a while for the roots to grow into the bigger container. I generally plant directly into my final container so I don't have the short stall that the transplant sometimes causes. Within a week it should be looking much better and double in size in two weeks... or less. I'm not familiar with the soil, but the plant looks pretty good to me, just a little frazzled.

dannygrow

dannygrow

Let them dry out, they should recover themselves. Walmart sells a cheap moisture meter in the seasonal section if you want to be absolutely sure.

The problem with going from small pot to massive pot is that you are now watering mostly dirt. The plants roots arent even %10 of that mass right now, more water than it needs and takes longer to dry out.

It can be done but its tricky. I prefer to go in to 1gal from solo then in to my 3 gal when the plant gets bigger.

Now all you can do is wait and not water.

Thanks for the reply! i feel like they are dried out already not 100% sure soil looks pretty dry and put around a knuckle and a bit deep and it was still dry. ive been using approximately 700ml of water for all 8 plants/per day currently Just lightly watering them

BigCube

BigCube

They are too small for daily watering. Should be closer to once a week than once a day.. for reference. I give this about 300ml every 3 days.

20190712 110221

And this gets about 2.2l every day.

20190712 092104

Top Bottom