Recreational CO law and buying/selling seeds

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

Anyone know what the CO laws are regarding MJ seed selling and buying? I am too lazy to do a search on it and thought some farmers will know the scoop off the top of their heads. Gracias.

S

Sh0ckG420

all I know is all are allowed to buy them both seeds & clones

As long as your 21 or over with ID

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

But only licensed retailers may legally sell any part of the plant.
You can "give" stuff away for "donations"; there's a delivery service on the springs Craigslist that sells photos of weed and gives away quarters with every photo.

I just give stuff away.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
No rec stores are offering clones yet that I know of and only 3 Colorado born seed companies are still in the game I believe ..CAM is supposed to be sellin some seeds and I know the Livewell/Broadway group sells some of their in house seed production at their 10 or 12 outlets now and River Rock sells RD seeds and the Clinic has Reserva Privada Colorado beans. Swerve is supposed to be at MMJ America now from what heard under another name..technically they are not supposed to sell any more than 6 seeds at a time or half of your elevated plant count called out on your doc rec...the feds can actually consider each seed as a mature plant so if you get caught with a pile that could be the worse case scenario..the only way to legally buy and posses seeds under a64 and weed for that matter is to purchase them at an a64 retail store

can-i-hit-it

can-i-hit-it

Anybody kno of a good spot to pick up sum good buds? Gonna be flyin for the cup

S

Sh0ckG420

if your talking stores I'd look on weedmaps otherwise gotta know a buddy lmao I don't have any Exp in the stores yet so couldn't tell ya who has the fire

elkhunter

elkhunter

the problem is the med stores are the only people that can open rec stores right now...so the med stores split their business down the middle...one side is med, one side is rec...but the rec side doesn't have anywhere near the selection or weight that the med side has, I get the feeling that the med stores really don't wanna go full blown rec but also don't wanna miss out on $$$...the rec side of the store can run dry, while the med side is loaded with bud...expect to pay 60-65 for an 1/8th ...the rec aint cheap...and The Clinic after taxes is even more expensive....around 70-75 an 1/8th...its all pretty good bud wherever you go..id just google where youll be staying...a store wont be far...peace...elk..

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
I wouldn't piss on The Clinic, price gouging fucks...
Hahaha, no doubt dude. Ive never been to any of their stores but have seen their menu and pricing. Fuck, that weed better break itself up,roll itself up, and light itself up for those prices. Greedy fucks for sure.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

the problem is the med stores are the only people that can open rec stores right now...so the med stores split their business down the middle...one side is med, one side is rec...but the rec side doesn't have anywhere near the selection or weight that the med side has, I get the feeling that the med stores really don't wanna go full blown rec but also don't wanna miss out on $$$...the rec side of the store can run dry, while the med side is loaded with bud...expect to pay 60-65 for an 1/8th ...the rec aint cheap...and The Clinic after taxes is even more expensive....around 70-75 an 1/8th...its all pretty good bud wherever you go..id just google where youll be staying...a store wont be far...peace...elk..
My experience at shops that have added recreational sales is that they are planning on serving a large number of recreational users, including out-of-state visitors. I think one reason is the wow factor. Rec patients are more likely to spend money if the shelves are full. Medical patients don't care in my experience. One weird issue for me is that the rec side and the medical side have to split and separate inventory. So if the medical side runs out of bubble hash, they can't pull from the recreational shelf. Weird. There is a shop off Evans that is fully catering to rec users, which tells me everything I need to know about that shop.

Also, why is there such a shortage of wax right now? None of my regular places are able to keep up, and dave the dick at the Rocky Mountain High chain of stores won't honor coupons anymore, even the ones that are just being printed. Total bull that he hides out while the employees have to explain the crappy new pricing.

Finally:

elkhunter

elkhunter

LGG , you go to citi-meds on Evans ? Im pretty sure the state regulates the grass from seed to sell, so this or that is dedicated to each side, but you would think they could ramp up the production for rec sales..they often run out of rec...when the med side is overflowing...

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I get the feeling that the med stores really don't wanna go full blown rec but also don't wanna miss out on $$$...
Sure, they've been making money on med, but Rec is going for double.

I think they are just hedging their bets should full blown rec be a league they can't compete in (like when it's not going for double, like when competition heated up in Med). Or trying to not look like money grubbers by 'keeping their commitment to the sick'....Could be a million reasons for the split. 'Don't keep all your eggs in one basket', comes to mind.

Not everyone who owns a store is a former basement grower...Plenty wouldn't touch weed if it weren't 'legal' for them. They'd go back to selling insurance, or TVs, or houses...What ever they did before.

K

kolah

No rec stores are offering clones yet that I know of and only 3 Colorado born seed companies are still in the game I believe ..CAM is supposed to be sellin some seeds and I know the Livewell/Broadway group sells some of their in house seed production at their 10 or 12 outlets now and River Rock sells RD seeds and the Clinic has Reserva Privada Colorado beans. Swerve is supposed to be at MMJ America now from what heard under another name..technically they are not supposed to sell any more than 6 seeds at a time or half of your elevated plant count called out on your doc rec...the feds can actually consider each seed as a mature plant so if you get caught with a pile that could be the worse case scenario..the only way to legally buy and posses seeds under a64 and weed for that matter is to purchase them at an a64 retail store

Thanks TK, that's the answer I was looking for. I think the only rec store is in Col Springs is in Manitou Springs (Hippieville) and I don't think they are open yet.

For the record.. I would never buy any clones from any potshops..just ain't worth the risk of bringing home bugs or diseases to my clean free environment. I like seeds and cutting my own clones.

I have no issues against the potshops jacking up their prices for rec weed. Let the buyers determine the market and I think it's a huge benefit to those in the Underground.

can-i-hit-it

can-i-hit-it

Was just lookin on WM and noticed med man has a disp. Anybody checked out med mans disp? How was ur experience? How was the bud quality?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The reason for the shortage is simple, we all just started getting all the required inspections completed for the rec side of things and no one could really have any plants associated with rec until they have their inspections complete, other than the one time transfer allowed by the state you basically had to start over from scratch and these plants take 60-65 days to grow and another 30 days or so to dry, trim, process, and package..so we are just starting to see the first rec production harvest being finished up now and most didn't realize you need a bare minimum of about 300 lights in flower to even remotely keep up with rec demand, even on a small store it takes a shitload of consistant production to keep up ..the med and the rec system are completely different and completely seperrate..it has to be that way for the states tax scheme to work, plus the requirements for rec are way more strengent compared to med..the limit potency, they restrict concentrates, and limit potency of edibles as well as require completely different packaging and sales procedures..the med side is still full tilt boogie, strong as yo can make and as potent as you can grow it is all good

The wax shortage is pretty much because Mahatma, the biggest commercial producer of wax and shatter blew up their building in January and have been shut down ever since waiting to get new closed loop n-butane gear online, inspected, certified, and approved by Denver Fire Department..they were open blasting tubes in racks of ten if you can imagine a little static spark and boom, that was all she wrote...they should be back in action about now from what I understand but closed loop systems produce a completely different product imo so it will change the market just a bit

Top Bottom