Recreational In California, Will This End Outdoor As We Know It?

• Thread starter monstacropn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
monstacropn

monstacropn

I know a fellow grower that invested a lot of money and time on a huge 70 plant grow. It wasn't even harvest time and he noticed that the entire crop was lost do to some idiot without experience had grown a male and pollinated his entire crop! This happened before it was recreational here in California
Marijuana male female
and now that it's recreational I fear this form of mass pollination is just 1 way our crops and efforts will crash!
My other concern is now the law is passed huge corporate grows for hemp products will be here soon, and from what I've herd growing hemp doesn't matter if the plants are male or female. So imagine a huge mass crop of males a couple miles away even can easily crash any ones outdoor grow as pollen can be carried for miles just with the wind!!!

Geopv916

Geopv916

SoCal here and yes you should see the inland empire the outdoor was already stacked because of medicinal but now with recreational we all expect the market to crash. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it goes as low 500/lb
Indoor here is B+ At best. Most people still haven't realized how important genetics matter when it comes to getting A quality. And those with the genetics will not share. Another side not I know humboldt growers sending their stuff down here cause up north it's stacked even worse. Just today I talked to a trucker who usually picks up from me and he mentioned rec shops in Denver are so overstocked the weed is really old lol Indoor will soon be the only way to get by and genetics hoarding will matter even more.

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Hell, I'm a pissant little personal, outdoor grower (first time this spring) and I'm using a greenhouse of sorts. Easier to keep pests under control. No interest in indoor grows. No space, too expensive to just grow four to six plants.

Geopv916

Geopv916

If you cultivate in California and are not shifting towards greenhouse production you are going to be in for a rough time (and this goes for the indoor growers too).
Everyone here at the I.E. seems to have gotten your memo our hills shine because of the greenhouses lol I don't see how indoor will suffer as much as greenhouse/outdoor production though. I know growers that are praying the police cracks down on a lot of these grows. We are all hoping the outdoor/greenhouse market doesnt crash.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Us ancient tokers won't panic.
Back in the '60s all weed was half seed
Actually 3/4ths if you go by weight. :)
We rolled the seeds out and fed them to the birds

The seed vendors may have to make some adjustments because of the hemp pollen in the air but life will go on.

I have a bonehead living right next door who goes out to service his crop at night, with a 300W. spotlight!
The guy is a true screwup. There is no talking to him.

I put a light shield in place for my crop, but
I will have to deal with his hermi pollen soon.
(sigh), it's always something, yah?
My present outdoor crop is probably doomed to seed, but it's a temporary hassle until the bank completes foreclosure proceedings on him.
Meanwhile. I'll set up a curtain of tap water mist between us and hope for the best.

Aloha,
Weeze

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

SoCal here and yes you should see the inland empire the outdoor was already stacked because of medicinal but now with recreational we all expect the market to crash. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it goes as low 500/lb
Indoor here is B+ At best. Most people still haven't realized how important genetics matter when it comes to getting A quality. And those with the genetics will not share. Another side not I know humboldt growers sending their stuff down here cause up north it's stacked even worse. Just today I talked to a trucker who usually picks up from me and he mentioned rec shops in Denver are so overstocked the weed is really old lol Indoor will soon be the only way to get by and genetics hoarding will matter even more.
SoCal here i got lucky with a few $1000 lbs, but its scary out here dispensaries dont wanna pay! Just like GEO says its crashin here, time to make some rosin

Srenots

Srenots

Hell, I'm a pissant little personal, outdoor grower (first time this spring) and I'm using a greenhouse of sorts. Easier to keep pests under control. No interest in indoor grows. No space, too expensive to just grow four to six plants.
love the Fender Amps...had 2 Super Reverbs...ill take 4x10's all day long hehe

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

love the Fender Amps...had 2 Super Reverbs...ill take 4x10's all day long hehe
The '59 Super is a totally different beast, NOTHING like the Blackface Supers, other than using the same tubes (in different quantities). 30 watts, 2x10.

Tweed Super is a beast but you have to know how to play tweed amps. They're more like Marshalls than they are Blackface Fenders. All my amps are clones of '59s. Champ, Deluxe and Super. I built the Champ and the Super. Friend in Nashville built the Deluxe. Any effects have to be outboard. Nothing on the amp to sully the signal chain.

Last edited:
Wee Zard

Wee Zard

To cover your ass for the future, you may wish to raise a few males, yah?

When I get any hard-to-replace genetics, the first thing I do is grow out a male and use it to pollinate a branch or 2 of a female.

That gives me a lot of seeds.
And seeds store better than pollen or buds, yah?
So, let's see, 500 seeds, @ $10 per seed . . .
I'm rich!:D

Been doing this for a while so no matter what happens to the market/vendors, I need not worry. Got enough fire kine seed to last my whole family for life.
That, and several mother plants for cuttings keep my wrinkled butt covered.
They could start a hemp farm right next door and I could continue to raise fire from stored seed.

Whenever a situation appears hopeless, it just means we haven't given it enough thought yet. :)

Aloha,
Wee

Srenots

Srenots

The '59 Super is a totally different beast, NOTHING like the Blackface Supers, other than using the same tubes (in different quantities). 30 watts, 2x10.

Tweed Super is a beast but you have to know how to play tweed amps. They're more like Marshalls than they are Blackface Fenders. All my amps are clones of '59s. Champ, Deluxe and Super. I built the Champ and the Super. Friend in Nashville built the Deluxe. Any effects have to be outboard. Nothing on the amp to sully the signal chain.
nice bro...keep rockin...Im guessin u like John Mayhall... he just made a new album~

Latest posts

Top Bottom