Recycle promix-hp? Runoff water and gardens

• Thread starter Jakeallenmissed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jakeallenmissed

Jakeallenmissed

Using promix HP as a growing medium and I'm finishing up my first grow. As cheap as I can be I talked myself out of re-using it on a new plantand decided to start fresh but figure it's a waste to throw it away . Any concerns with just throwing it in the garden. Also I'm using organic iguana juice for nutes. Can I reuse the runoff on my wildflower patch or my tomatoes?

Ponky

Ponky

Promix isn't worth reusing. If you do you have a recycling machine that costs a lot. Run off water is fine to reuse.

Ponky

Ponky

For reusable. DWC. Lava Rocks. And you can pour your buckets out once a week into the outdoor garden. No soil.. just boil some Lava rocks once in awhile.

Chem77

Chem77

I used to dump my old pots in my vegetable garden, after many years it turned the ground white from all the little white beads in it. Now I throw it in a swamp hole.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Start a vegetable garden with the recycled stuff or donate to a community garden if you don't have room.

Jakeallenmissed

Jakeallenmissed

Start a vegetable garden with the recycled stuff or donate to a community garden if you don't have room.
I have several raised beds, question is not if I can, its if I should, several seem to think i shouldn't.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I have several raised beds, question is not if I can, its if I should, several seem to think i shouldn't.
If it is carbon base it goes in my heap or garden. Not really sure the alternative or reasons not to but I compost everything and don't find any issues but it may depend where you live I guess whether you want heaps of soil mounded out your door

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

As in just grate the whole thing to break it up to use it again or are you recommending I do that before throwing it in my garden bed?
Yep. Just grind, roots and anything else before putting it in there. Of course reuse it. That's part of the secret of Organics.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When I ran hydro for the first while I used my res change out to fertilize our garden, grass and flower beds... but then I just didn't make time as my schedule is pretty busy so yeah... down the drain it went.

When I was doing aquatic shit one of the guys I know had it setup to pump all his waste water out to his garden. Was pretty neat actually.

Jakeallenmissed

Jakeallenmissed

When I ran hydro for the first while I used my res change out to fertilize our garden, grass and flower beds... but then I just didn't make time as my schedule is pretty busy so yeah... down the drain it went.

When I was doing aquatic shit one of the guys I know had it setup to pump all his waste water out to his garden. Was pretty neat actually.
That's great! I was considering using the runoff I have for the garden but I was afraid of nute burning my flowers

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's great! I was considering using the runoff I have for the garden but I was afraid of nute burning my flowers
Synthetic nutes leech from the soil fast. So once it rains... they are pretty much done... especially in a raised bed. Just go light and dilute if ya need. Don't dump highly concentrated stuff as a watering on a hot day alone with adding some water to it just to be safe.

Top Bottom