Red Card renewal

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Im on the fence now, I had a pile of both recs.and copies of cards, some I had both but most I didn't, that was also when i had some protection with them, now I am just a lowly patient and not a ballin caregiver so the card has alot less value other than keepin your local hassles to a minimum..

One thing to remember, at least in all the cases I know of, any contact just potientially opens an investigation, all the do is refer it up to the DA and they have the descresion as to persue or not, when it is all said and done, nothing really happens..and i know of some big cases or you would have thought.

Don't blow out and deal outta your house all day and nighrt and your golden, if ya flash to much right now your goin to get a knock and chat.

Tex

true grit

true grit

Yer obviously missing a few houses full of plants, gettogro.

Anyone who is worrying about being on the Registry is obviously growing above and beyond what the law allows..which is 3/3 per card.

Nope thats not necessarily the case, if you were around a large number of patients you would see this...instead you would like to throw people under the bus with comments like that. How righteous of you.

the reality is that people DO care about their privacy and rights and don't all live in smaller towns that "locals" know what folks do... and I'm sure most would like to keep it that way.

S

SoCoMMJ

Actually the actual medical rec is what holds up.

There is a vital difference between having a red card or just having a doctor's rec.

If you have a red card the constitution grants you an EXCEPTION to the marijuana laws in Colorado.

If you have a doctor's rec only, you are granted and AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE to the marijuana laws in Colorado.

EXCEPTION = you walk from law enforcement.
AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE = You have a chance to defend yourself in court.

Because the CDPHE was not issuing red cards last year for 10 months, we are $20,000.00 into defending ourselves via an affirmative defense.

You can use a doctor's rec without a red card, but be sure that you completely understand the differences. They are VERY significant.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
You guys are great.. Good common sense advise. What ive done is got a docs rec. for 15 plants, my current red card expires 12/5/11 and the docs rec is valid for only 60 days.At least I got medical records supporting the extra plants. I dropped all my patients, gave then plants and there on their own. I can live with 15 plants. So again a little common sense goes a long way, be smart, dont over do or get greedy will be fine. Dont think they will fuck with the little fish unless red flags are popin up like folks comming over all the time for short visits.OR .Getting drunk like I did one time in Denver yrs ago and smoking dubes outside bar where there were 5 off duty cops who caught wind of a home grow and next day they showed up at door came in found no grow, my buddy acroos the street was gowin, ticketed me for less than an ounce. I saw the cop put the sack in his shirt after smelling it. Went to court, funny how case was dissmissed due to lack of evudence, cop musta smoked up, pretty dank bud lol..So best to renew and keep paperwork with plant the reasonable plant count.. Make sense??. CM

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you thinki should renew with new docs higher plant count or just keep current card with docs recommendation for 15, and renew in 60 days prior to dec when current card expires?

sky high

sky high

There is a vital difference between having a red card or just having a doctor's rec.

If you have a red card the constitution grants you an EXCEPTION to the marijuana laws in Colorado.

If you have a doctor's rec only, you are granted and AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE to the marijuana laws in Colorado.

Because the CDPHE was not issuing red cards last year for 10 months, we are $20,000.00 into defending ourselves via an affirmative defense.

You can use a doctor's rec without a red card, but be sure that you completely understand the differences. They are VERY significant.

Bummer for you, SoCoMMJ...but it states the point well for those who want to listen to the truth. It says many, many times in A20 that to be "authorized" to use MMJ under A20's protection you must buy the card and join the registry.

anyone who knows about Gov't and laws 'that permit" certain activities knows that every program runs on FEES and PERMITS issued >after< paying those fees.

Play with a permit (liquor, guns, MMJ, driver's license, hunting/fishing/etc/etc/etc/) and you have protection and are within the law.

forego the FEE/FOREGO the PERMIT..and you are outside the law and will have to defend yourself in court for your choice to not play the game >as required by law<

good luck with the case SoCoMMJ.

be safe, all.

O

old spice

Thanks for info. It's just about 60 days till expiration myself. Thanks for the leg work.

gisisi

gisisi

There is a lot of talking past each other on this thread.

Does anyone have a story about getting a knock, showing their rec only, and waving goodbye to the cops?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Does anyone have a story about getting a knock, showing their rec only, and waving goodbye to the cops?

Thats what happened to me, took a little time to go thru all the paperwork but it was no harm, no foul, and they left..

Tex

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I had a knock on an unrelated matter, cops were interested in a car that had parked across the street for a few days. Cop started asking something about the car then stopped and said is that pot I smell? I said no its medical marijuana. Do you want to see my paperwork? He declined and asked about the car then left. Took about 1/2 a day for my heart beat to go back to normal.

S

ShamanGang

I got pulled over doin 90 in a 55 recently with a fat oz + some wax n my bubbler
riding shot gun. Patrolman got a big ol boner when he saw my sack. I told him thats my medicine. He asked if i was intoxicated. I said "NO". He laughed n said the pot bullshit in Co is a mess. Got my speedin ticket n left he didn't even see my redcard. Shit my shorts though. I was thinkin 80's Regan style justice n getting ready to kiss my bad ass Stang bye bye. gotta love things in Colorado right now. Stoners Eutipia.

ps .........got access to a ton of the best beans in the world 100% free to locals...........BLOW IT UP KIDS:icon_animal26:

sky high

sky high

So what >are< "the best beans in the World", shaman?

And who has the best clone? (PM me, ya mutherfucker...LOL)

A new Red card should be arrivin' any day now here @ the Ranch. 8 years and countin'...

I didn't even have to show the Doc any records this time. All I said was "I'm still fucked up" and on went the siggie. She knows the gig.

Anyone get denied cus ya slipped through when it was busy and now that they are reviewin em you didn't make the cut with the psoriasis and dry nasal passages diagnosis you got the card with last year?? >>snicker<<<

Melizzard

Melizzard

The new form does. It has a section that states the standard 6 plants/2 oz and then the next line is an increased plant count that looks like this:

_____ plants/_______ oz

My doc really didn't know what to do with that but I carry an increased plant count for the oil I use for the cancer, so they usually write me a 25 plant count rec. He just wrote in 25 and how on earth can you guess how many oz you could have from that? He just left that part blank. :)

xxoo
Mel

Unit541

Unit541

The new form does. It has a section that states the standard 6 plants/2 oz and then the next line is an increased plant count that looks like this:

_____ plants/_______ oz

My doc really didn't know what to do with that but I carry an increased plant count for the oil I use for the cancer, so they usually write me a 25 plant count rec. He just wrote in 25 and how on earth can you guess how many oz you could have from that? He just left that part blank. :)

xxoo
Mel

My doc explained to me that if my increased plant count landed me in front of a judge, then the recommending doctor is supposed to show some sort of "formula" for how they arrived at the numbers for both plant count and on hand weight. No standard methodology of course, the important thing is that you must be able to show that the increased count and weight are not arbitrary.

ex. Patient requires X grams of concentrated oil per day.
On average, it takes this patient Y grams of dried marijuana to produce X grams of concentrate.
On average, this particular patient receives Z grams of useable marijuana of this particular strain, and ZZ grams of useable marijuana of that particular strain.
This patients garden produces a harvest every X days, requiring XX oz of medicinal marijuana on hand.

I think the fact that it's on the application now, shows that the state is more open to the concept than they've been given credit for. They just don't want doctors recommending increased counts with no rhyme or reason. I also think the days of needing to be physically maimed and drooling all over your wheel chair in order to justify an increased plant count are over as the system slowly gets an education, case by case as patients and caregivers defend themselves.

putembk

putembk

Question? What is this about plant count on your applications? There are no #"s anywhere on my paper work. I just have an affidavit from my doctor stating I need more than 6 plants and 2oz because of a medical condition. Do different doctors give different paperwork? This is weird I have been hearing about specific plant counts from a lot of folks and I think I am the only one with the form that I have. Is this good or what? Since I have no specific plant count how many plants is it safe to have?

Unit541

Unit541

they are letting dr's rec bigger amounts with no rhyme or reason..it only has a lill section for standard use or more bigger amounts..does not say anything about please give us a rundown on why patient needs more or anything like that.

You're right, there's nothing on the app about how the recommendations were arrived at. The point is that whether you have an increased plant count specified by your doctor or not, anything over 3/3 can get you arrested at the attending officers discretion. In this case, your doctor better be able to explain to the judge how those numbers were arrived at.

sky high

sky high

putembk....

the forms just changed/were updated 10/24/11. The new forms have the section where the plant count/oz can be increased. You may have the old form in hand, bro.

Kinda weird.......being that such specific involvement by a doc seems closer to "prescribing" a dosage/etc. rather than simply "recommending" that MMJ >may< help the patient - which is how the law was originally structured to protect docs from Fed involvement/loss of license. It's crazy that we can go from YEARS of docs fearing revocation for merely recommending MMJ to patients (and very few docs would recommend it early on)..... to docs OK'ing large grows/specific counts.

Change is the only constant here...fer sure. And who cares, really? Small potatoes. Small.

In the end a scribble on a form will not make much difference because you have the same defense and have to show need either way.

be safe, kids

s h

putembk

putembk

Thanks SH that's pretty much what I figured. Hope all is well in the hills. Cold and windy in the city today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom