Red neck heating and air

• Thread starter CurtisM80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CurtisM80

Am I a cheap ass?!? Probably. However, I found a great solution to temperature drops I was having in my tent.

I’m a first time grower, and in no means an expert. From what I’ve read, temperature control seems to be a problem for a lot of growers. Especially those growing in colder climates, like I am. I’m growing in my basement garage which keeps an average temperature of 68 degrees most of the time, which is good. However, when the temperature really drops outside, I had a hard time heating the tent.

I bought a cheap hand warmer with a blower on it from Walmart ($10). I first placed it inside of the tent, but the temperature was too high. I couldn’t figure out how to keep the tent relatively air/light tight, while adding heat. So, I attached some 4” duct with duct tape (classy I know) to the heater and fed it through the tent hole. I wasn’t optimistic, but it worked. Bumped the temperature up enough during the cold days to keep the inside of my tent at approximately 78 degrees. I’d turn it off when the temps were up. Anyway, hope this can help someone else. I’m sure someone can do a prettier job than me..

Red neck heating and air
Red neck heating and air 2
Red neck heating and air 3
freezeland2

freezeland2

Good hack. I just ordered a 3x3 Gorilla tent. I needed something to hang the spider farmer light I won last month. I plan to use it for clones and vegging of clones. I have been thinking about how I was gonna heat it in the room I plan to set it up in. The only thing I might consider doing differently would be to intro the supplement heat thru the bottom of the tent instead of up high where an exhaust would normally fit up.

growsince79

growsince79

Am I a cheap ass?!? Probably. However, I found a great solution to temperature drops I was having in my tent.

I’m a first time grower, and in no means an expert. From what I’ve read, temperature control seems to be a problem for a lot of growers. Especially those growing in colder climates, like I am. I’m growing in my basement garage which keeps an average temperature of 68 degrees most of the time, which is good. However, when the temperature really drops outside, I had a hard time heating the tent.

I bought a cheap hand warmer with a blower on it from Walmart ($10). I first placed it inside of the tent, but the temperature was too high. I couldn’t figure out how to keep the tent relatively air/light tight, while adding heat. So, I attached some 4” duct with duct tape (classy I know) to the heater and fed it through the tent hole. I wasn’t optimistic, but it worked. Bumped the temperature up enough during the cold days to keep the inside of my tent at approximately 78 degrees. I’d turn it off when the temps were up. Anyway, hope this can help someone else. I’m sure someone can do a prettier job than me..
A small hps would be a lot more efficient.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Why did you pump the heat intake to the top? Wouldn't it be more efficient from the bottom? Too efficient?
An exhaust fan with a heat/rh controller would take care of that I would think.

C

CurtisM80

Why did you pump the heat intake to the top? Wouldn't it be more efficient from the bottom? Too efficient?
To be honest with you I was pretty high when I did it 😂. Checked it a few hours later, it seemed to work, so I didn’t mess with it.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i wouldn't use the SF light for cloning like @growsince79 mentioned. Simple T5 would do the job. Use that light for veg stage, flower stage or maybe even keep some mothers under it.

C

CurtisM80

ACB9B898 AA83 4E0A 9BF1 9693762449B4

What do y’all think about my plants? First grow, and your opinion matters to me. Defoliated yesterday at 1 week into flower. Feeding Fox Farms nutes per online schedule. Temp steady 78 f 40%rh. Also, I know it’s cute how my trellis matches the heater..

freezeland2

freezeland2

i wouldn't use the SF light for cloning like @growsince79 mentioned. Simple T5 would do the job. Use that light for veg stage, flower stage or maybe even keep some mothers under it.
No t5. Only lights I have are a couple led’s and some old mh and HPS systems.

11Ron11

11Ron11

View attachment 1207826
What do y’all think about my plants? First grow, and your opinion matters to me. Defoliated yesterday at 1 week into flower. Feeding Fox Farms nutes per online schedule. Temp steady 78 f 40%rh. Also, I know it’s cute how my trellis matches the heater..
What's the point in the wood frame seems like a waste of space.
I think you would get more light and air if you remove it.
Plants look good!

C

CurtisM80

You’re right about the wood. I built a 1/2” pvc Scrog and it’s definitely superior

Reactions: PK1

Latest posts

Top Bottom