Reddish browning on my pistils

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

Hello thc community. first and foremost im so very thankful to be able to have access to something like this blog and am very grateful for any and all advice. thank you very much in advance. I have some girls flowering now currently in week 4 of flower and im starting to notice the ends of a lot of pistils turning a reddish brown color. Is this normal? do i have anything i need to worry about or something that maybe needs correcting. currently during the day cycle temps range from 78 to 82 and humidity during the day stays between 40 and 50 percent.(im also running c02 as well) During the 12 hours of the night schedule is when i have been experiencing difficulties controlling mainly the humidity but also the temp will drop down as far as 61. the humidity during the night periods can sometimes go up to 88%. i am currently waiting on my dehumidifier from walmart. Is the redding of the tips of my pistils caused from the extremes my girls face during the night time 12 hour period? If so what advice would you give to correct these issues?
303 DUB, 25 minutes ago
Edit
#

Cort

Cort

Check for herms. Your girls go red when some dude knocks them up. They also turn red as they near the end of the cycle, but you are a little early yet I think.

303 DUB

303 DUB

Check for herms. Your girls go red when some dude knocks them up. They also turn red as they near the end of the cycle, but you are a little early yet I think.

Yeah thats what i was thinking too, as far as it being too early for them to start turning red. i dont think that there is any hermies tho.... i have never had any male cannabis plants here

socalval

socalval

a hermi is a male flower growing on your female plant :eek:

303 DUB

303 DUB

would it be towards the top where the buds are forming, im assuming?

303 DUB

303 DUB

just took a look in my garden and i didnt see any male flowers

SeaLMeaT253

SeaLMeaT253

I have heard of some strains that finish in as little as week 6. What are you running?

Cort

Cort

The herms can be anywhere, including the inside of a bud. Most commonly found looking like a banana pointing up on the internodes. Just a few can pollinate your entire crop. Can be caused by bad genetics or stress from over feeding. high temps or light leaks. Your environment sounds pretty well in check though.

Are the red hairs evenly spaced around the grow or just in spots? If the red is a constant from plant to plant, its probably not a herm. If its spotty a few nugs here a few there, check closer in those areas.

303 DUB

303 DUB

every plant has it on it somewhere. mostly towards the bottoms. the top kolas dont have it. only buds below the top of the canopy.

Cort

Cort

cant see pics, but..

You got something going on and its looking doubtful for signs of maturation. Those form on top, as the tops are the ones getting ripe.

First things that come to my mind are bugs or toxicity. I dont have any expertise on the big temp swings, or much else. Its time to up the info levels in hopes one of the big hitters comes in.

What medium are you using? PPM/EC/ph of food and run off.

Do a little reading on how to check for broad mites, they are hot right now.

303 DUB

303 DUB

im using coco. ph of notes is 5.5 -5.7. im feeding them 1500ppm. they are big girls

Bannacis

Bannacis

Did the hairs change kinda quick? i had that issue with too much co2 applied.
also the low temp, high humidity is off. if you do drop temps try to lower rh a little too.

shawnskush

shawnskush

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

sorry dude but in your case id hope for a hidden herm in the lower nugs mites are truly a growers bane. you can check some of the calyxs on the lower nugs for a seed developing. spraying your plants with cold water 30 to 45 min before lights on will neutralize pollen but i wouldnt do that past the 5th week imo.

303 DUB

303 DUB

Did the hairs change kinda quick? i had that issue with too much co2 applied.
also the low temp, high humidity is off. if you do drop temps try to lower rh a little too.

yes the hairs changed in a matter of 12 to 20 hours.. it was literally overnight. i used the chart for my c02 that came with the regulator.

303 DUB

303 DUB

sorry dude but in your case id hope for a hidden herm in the lower nugs mites are truly a growers bane. you can check some of the calyxs on the lower nugs for a seed developing. spraying your plants with cold water 30 to 45 min before lights on will neutralize pollen but i wouldnt do that past the 5th week imo.

ok, well how would i know for sure if its mites or not, that way i can act accordingly?

Top Bottom