Redoing the ole room

• Thread starter StealthBomb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StealthBomb

Hey guys trying to get more involved in the site. Just wanted to post some pics of the redone room. it's 45' by 15'. I have 10 lumatek 600's in the flower room running on super lumens and 4 in the veg. running pro-mix and perlite 50/50 mix. my own natural ( no not organic ) advanced nutes mix. The walls are covered in 3/4" poly shield. questions and comments welcome

Redoing the ole room
B

boroboro

Well, you certainly have a big room to play in!

... The walls are covered in 3/4" poly shield. ...

What sort of product did you use for this? I'm building some rooms soon and was wondering about the existence of an affordable rigid plastic sheeting instead of OSB or drywall. So far I've found rigid plastic sheeting in prices of $50 and up per 4x8 foot piece, but that's a whole lot more than I'm willing to pay.

S

StealthBomb

Well, you certainly have a big room to play in!

What sort of product did you use for this? I'm building some rooms soon and was wondering about the existence of an affordable rigid plastic sheeting instead of OSB or drywall. So far I've found rigid plastic sheeting in prices of $50 and up per 4x8 foot piece, but that's a whole lot more than I'm willing to pay.

It's called polyshield it is available at home depot and lowe's. it is a 3/4 inch thick insulation with a mylar facing. it comes in 4x8 sheets and runs 10-14 bucks a sheet depending on where u buy it. i drywall the outside of the walls and use just polyshield on the inside. its very reflective. weighs about a pound a sheet very easy to work with. just use 1.5" cap nails and tape the seams with aluminized tape and you have yourself a sealed room. it also beneficial that it helps keep heat out and cool in.

S

Swagnum grow-op

that most certainly is a big room hes got to play with,reminds me of my old garage that was finished off but still had the garage door on the outside, i swear it was like that when i moved in , but i used the same insulation on the outside of the walls i partitioned off i really wish i would have been able to use the whole room and i would love to see more of that grow as i progesses looks hella promising stealth,@boroboro ive also wanted a rigid plastic material that could be used on walls somewhere with a drain in the floor so more rugged foliar watering could be done during veg without having to worry about mold from wet drywall and insulation and for wipe down purposes when its all over

S

Stoner Smurf

Are you using the polyshield foil side toward the plants? Do you know what that foil is made out of? Is it Mylar? How well does it reflect light? Does it cause any hotspots? Sorry for the 20 questions here but I am about to build a room using PolyShield. The thing is I haven't decided if I need to hang reflective material over the PolyShield.

Edit: After reading through this post a 2nd time I see you do put foil side toward plants. Or I assume that since you say it's very reflective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom