Reducing Sound Of Grow Tent

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I have a 2x2x4 tent and I'm trying to reduce the sound of it. Right now what's running that makes sound is a blizzard 8 inch fan and a vivosun 195 cfm ventilation fan. There's not really much I can do about the blizzard but I was wondering if the vent fan would be quieter if I used a fan controller and reduced the speed of it. I definitely don't need the entire 195cfm because that's exchanging the air in the tent every 5 seconds.
So I guess my question is will the fan be significantly quieter at a lower speed and how often should the air in the tent be exchanged?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Ever heard of or seen a duct muffler? Really quiets that moving air down. I dont use one now because the sound dont bother me. But back in the day I grew in a small apartment and had to be low key so I used one...worked great.

Yes turning the fan down using a speed controller will quite it some as well.https://www.acinfinity.com/hydropon...DYmz3gpW6CFornOhNnsGF9oPJrr0wEQxoCsvAQAvD_BwE
Does it reduce the sound of the air or the fan? because I don't think it's the air that's the problem, it's just the fan itself is always rumbling.

Odiesel

Odiesel

Ever heard of or seen a duct muffler? Really quiets that moving air down. I dont use one now because the sound dont bother me. But back in the day I grew in a small apartment and had to be low key so I used one...worked great.

Yes turning the fan down using a speed controller will quite it some as well.https://www.acinfinity.com/hydropon...DYmz3gpW6CFornOhNnsGF9oPJrr0wEQxoCsvAQAvD_BwE

do you use on of the silencers? i thought of getting one myself bc my AC infinity fan is a bit loud at night

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Those mufflers really do reduce the noise of the air and the fan...don't know exactly how they work but they do.

From the web site:
  • A duct muffler designed for use with inline fans in grow tents, bathroom fans and other HVAC applications.
  • Features dual aluminum flanges to help absorb sound waves from fan vibrations and airflow.
  • High-quality neoprene foam in an egg crate pattern that will reduce fan noise by up to 50%.

Inline Duct Fan Silencer Noise Reduction Muffler, Indoor Hydroponics Grow Tent Ventilation
Inline Duct Fan Silencer Noise Reduction Muffler, Indoor Hydroponics Grow Tent Ventilation
AC INFINITY, Inline Duct Fan Silencer, 6-Inch

AC-DSA6
AC INFINITY, INLINE DUCT FAN SILENCER, 6-INCH
$49.99
4.6 star rating5 Reviews

• A duct muffler designed for use with inline fans in grow tents, bathroom fans and other HVAC applications.
  • Features dual aluminum flanges to help absorb sound waves from fan vibrations and airflow.
  • High-quality neoprene foam in an egg crate pattern that will reduce fan noise by up to 50%.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Since the fan doesn't produce any heat could I just wrap it with foam or something?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Those mufflers really do reduce the noise of the air and the fan...don't know exactly how they work but they do.

From the web site:

AC-DSA6
$49.99
4.6 star rating5 Reviews

They create turbulence inside the chamber.

I’m a fan of the terrabloom brushless in-line vent fans myself. They are adjustable from 0-100% and include a dial. You can also get a new controller for them which adds additional features if you want to get fancy and have something that resembles the ac Infiniti fan.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

From the web site:

AC-DSA6
$49.99
4.6 star rating5 Reviews

saw them but until i see/hear good reports it seems like they were too cheap to be legit imho. i rather spend more than have to spend twice. i saw that yesterday as i was surfing. i did by a fairly quiet type fan though.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
saw them but until i see/hear good reports it seems like they were too cheap to be legit imho. i rather spend more than have to spend twice. i saw that yesterday as i was surfing. i did by a fairly quiet type fan though.
What kind?

Latest posts

Top Bottom