Refreezing After Thawing

• Thread starter NoobHere
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoobHere

Hey Everyone,

Quick question: Got some decent material that was put into a freezer after a dry trim... We went through it to make sure it didn’t have any debris in it (string, coconut cork, glove material etc..). It obviously thawed out a bit.. My question is, does this compromise the quality of our end product (bho)?

Basically, does thawing and refreezing the material cause it to blast shitty (green, dark..)?

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday season!

Dunge

Dunge

Basically, does thawing and refreezing the material cause it to blast shitty (green, dark..)?
Good question.

I wouldn't be too concerned unless you had a bunch of accreted frost on the bud in the first place, which would leave wet spots when thawed.

You have to run it anyway.
I think you'll be fine.
Let us know how it comes out, and if you learn something.

N

NoobHere

Good question.

I wouldn't be too concerned unless you had a bunch of accreted frost on the bud in the first place, which would leave wet spots when thawed.

You have to run it anyway.
I think you'll be fine.
Let us know how it comes out, and if you learn something.

Hope so! Nope, no frost on the material at all.. I’ll post some pictures afterward for sure. Hoping for a nice run ✊ Some King Louis..

P

progeny-prodigy

if u take frozen material out into warm wet air it can absorb alot of moisture while warming up to room temperature. what ru doing with it? ru planning on blasting it frozen? or ru gonna decarb it? i decarb right before extraction so material is dry as possible. that tiny amount of water wont really make a noticeable difference but it is best practice

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hey Everyone,

Quick question: Got some decent material that was put into a freezer after a dry trim... We went through it to make sure it didn’t have any debris in it (string, coconut cork, glove material etc..). It obviously thawed out a bit.. My question is, does this compromise the quality of our end product (bho)?

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday season!

Sweet Mary's charms are in her trichomes, not the cells of her flowers and leaves.

When you freeze the material, ice crystals rupture cell walls, exposing the contents of the cells to the solvent once thawed.

I suggest running a small sample to see what'cha got.

S

SteveT

What Graywolf said. Freezing ruptures the cell walls and membranes. This will make it easier to extract garbage like chlorophyll and uptake of the fats which the cell membranes are composed of. Yes, plants have cell membranes inside of their cell walls.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Does freezing rupture DRY buds cells???
I get how fresh buds frozen this happens,
As there is a lot more moisture

Graywolf

Graywolf

PS: Extracting completely desiccated material, typically produces a dark extract, as there is nothing keeping the solvent from soaking into the cell.

S

Scarletttt

if u take frozen material out into warm wet air it can absorb alot of moisture while warming up to room temperature. what ru doing with it? ru planning on blasting it frozen? or ru gonna decarb it? i decarb right before extraction so material is dry as possible. that tiny amount of water wont really make a noticeable difference but it is best practice
Hey there! So I've been searching for an answer to my question, I'm hoping y'all can help me out. We do bho extractions and we feel like we have the process figured out pretty well as of recently. We get gold continuously. But we freeze our product while its wet fresh off the plant and our last tube that we had stuffed and in the freezer, ended up dethawing a day or 2 ago. Would it be safe to still run and make wax out of? Or do u think its filled with mold and should just be thrown out?? Please help guys!

King_of_Fools

King_of_Fools

I chopped mine, then added a few drops of lighter fluid. I dried it out. I put it in the freezer. The next day, I took it out. The day after, I refroze. I’ve repeated this process over a dozen times.
It broke down the cellular walls alright.
It ended up giving me a hallucinogenic effect.
I was listening to Bill Withers-lovely day.
I have a braided rug, and the rings were dancing to the music.
Not nearly as bizarre as peyote, or other paraphernalia. But it definitely did something.

Top Bottom