Regular clip fans or oscillating fans?

• Thread starter TheCatman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheCatman

I currently just have a fan clip to the corner of one of my poles. And pretty much can only just blow straight down that line. I can't adjust the weather blows up or down at least. I've been curious about oscillating fans but there's not a lot of them on Amazon. The ones they have have bad reviews saying that barely any wind comes out or the motor quits working. What kind of fans are you guys using in your tents? I don't mean exhaust either. I have my exhaust but her circulation inside why is everybody running? Anybody have a good tip on a fan? If so please provide a link. The towel on my fan is so that the clip would hold in place and not slip. That is a Hurricane fan. I guess the airflow is all right. Hard to clip and stay in one spot though. So if you tell me out there that you use an oscillating fan please provide the brand oh, model, and where you got it. The other choice are the fans that still clamp to the pole in the corner but you physically said it in One Direction that you want. One of those would probably give me better control than what I have. I've seen they also have four ones. I don't know what angle I really wanted at. Mine is where it is because the exhaust is on the wall above it. That fan is to help some of the humidity vapor stay in the tent and flow through the air a little bit more.

Regular clip fans or oscillating fans
2Bad

2Bad

Holmes lil blizzard I think its called. Amazing. That and the walmart oscillating ones I run with. I would get a microphone tray to clip it on the pole. make sure the size of the fan fits on your tray though.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Tower fan in the corner works well they make 3d printed mounts for the lil blizzard and others you can get on Etsy Ac infinity is supposed to be releasing a oscillating clip fan soon hopefully it’s not overpriced. I’m not paying 50$ bucks for a 3$ Alibaba fan the blue and whites are garbage

CannaDana

CannaDana

I've used clip-on fans, tower fans, and oscillating fans. I prefer the oscillating fans by far.

I love what I'm using now. I have two oscillating fans by Air Green that I got from my local hydro store. They are inexpensive, blow lots of air, and are workhorses. They have three speeds, but they blow so well I always leave them on low. Here's a video and a photo.

The noise you're hearing in the video is my dehumidifier. The fans are actually fairly quiet. My only complaint is that they are not remote control. But I leave them on 24/7 so it's really not necessary anyway. And the blades are of course spinning way faster than they appear. The apparent slow speed is an illusion due to the fps rate of the camera.

IMG 0626

The oscillating fans move the air very well throughout the entire space. The oscillation prevents wind burn and gives a more natural ebb and flow, and has the added benefit of strengthening stalks.

Last edited:
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I have a 4x4 with a 600W LED in an upstairs bedroom. You may think it is 'overfanned', but the temps and RH have been extremely stable since I added the last fan.

Besides the AC-Infinity 6-inch exhaust fan, running at various speeds depending on heat or humidity, I have a rotating fan at the bottom of the tent. It's one of those cheap, oscillating vertical fans, and I stuck it on base to raise it a bit. It blew on the leaves until the canopy grew above the fan level, but during that time it strengthened branches and controlled humidity.

I have a clip fan at the top of the tent angling down. But it's main purpose is to cool the light and move air above the light, though some airflow spills down onto the canopy.

The AC-Infinity is mounted directly above my light, with a muffler stuck on the input side. The hot air is sucked out pretty well this way.

And finally, added since flowering, I put a 6-inch input duct fan running full speed 24/7 blowing in at the base of the tent. It pressurized the tent pretty well considering how the sides bulge now. Probably added a couple square foot to the grow space too.

I have temp/RH sensors in the tent below, in-canopy and above canopy. Below canopy temps are 72-75F consisently. RH is 40-60%. Mid-canopy I'm at 78-80F and 45-53%. Above canopy just a bit lower in RH and higher in temp (barely). Gentle breezes swayed the leaves all through veg, and RH stayed under control. (Early in the grow I had to add a humidifier in the tent, but once the plants expanded to the sides of the tent, they sort of created and controlled their own micro-climate, and I removed the humidifier about then.)

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I currently just have a fan clip to the corner of one of my poles. And pretty much can only just blow straight down that line. I can't adjust the weather blows up or down at least. I've been curious about oscillating fans but there's not a lot of them on Amazon. The ones they have have bad reviews saying that barely any wind comes out or the motor quits working. What kind of fans are you guys using in your tents? I don't mean exhaust either. I have my exhaust but her circulation inside why is everybody running? Anybody have a good tip on a fan? If so please provide a link. The towel on my fan is so that the clip would hold in place and not slip. That is a Hurricane fan. I guess the airflow is all right. Hard to clip and stay in one spot though. So if you tell me out there that you use an oscillating fan please provide the brand oh, model, and where you got it. The other choice are the fans that still clamp to the pole in the corner but you physically said it in One Direction that you want. One of those would probably give me better control than what I have. I've seen they also have four ones. I don't know what angle I really wanted at. Mine is where it is because the exhaust is on the wall above it. That fan is to help some of the humidity vapor stay in the tent and flow through the air a little bit more.
I buy cheap ones from dollar general or Walmart. You don't really need an oscillating if you position your clipon fans right. Amazon way over charges for their fans. If you really want an oscillating fan look at local stores before ordering one.

T

TheCatman

Holmes lil blizzard I think its called. Amazing. That and the walmart oscillating ones I run with. I would get a microphone tray to clip it on the pole. make sure the size of the fan fits on your tray though.
I thought about a floor one. I have a four-by-four 10. 5 very short autoflowers inside. My tallest just now reached 18 in. Ranging down to that I have a dwarf that is only 10 in tall. Perfectly happy but doing almost absolutely nothing. It has been a dwarf from the get-go. I don't exactly have a high canopy. I didn't know if my better option was to blow from above. I looked up the fan that you spoke of little blizzard. How powerful is that low and how powerful is the high? My plants are fast autos and they also flowered surprisingly early. Probably by a couple weeks. A month ago today I was just putting seeds in a paper towel to germinate them. I'm not sure how much wind they can handle buy microphone tray I am assuming

I've used clip-on fans, tower fans, and oscillating fans. I prefer the oscillating fans by far.

I love what I'm using now. I have two oscillating fans by Air Green that I got from my local hydro store. They are inexpensive, blow lots of air, and are workhorses. They have three speeds, but they blow so well I always leave them on low. Here's a video and a photo.

The noise you're hearing in the video is my dehumidifier. The fans are actually fairly quiet. My only complaint is that they are not remote control. But I leave them on 24/7 so it's really not necessary anyway. And the blades are of course spinning way faster than they appear. The apparent slow speed is an illusion due to the fps rate of the camera.

View attachment 1235239
View attachment 1235240

The oscillating fans move the air very well throughout the entire space. The oscillation prevents wind burn and gives a more natural ebb and flow, and has the added benefit of strengthening stalks.
That looks nice. I wonder if it's available at either my local grocery stores or on Amazon. I was looking at the wall mount ones they look better I just did not know how I would attach it to my tent. Also I have a small 4 by 4 so I don't know how much wind would be too much wind. It looks like you got something going across that you attached it to?
I have a 4x4 with a 600W LED in an upstairs bedroom. You may think it is 'overfanned', but the temps and RH have been extremely stable since I added the last fan.

Besides the AC-Infinity 6-inch exhaust fan, running at various speeds depending on heat or humidity, I have a rotating fan at the bottom of the tent. It's one of those cheap, oscillating vertical fans, and I stuck it on base to raise it a bit. It blew on the leaves until the canopy grew above the fan level, but during that time it strengthened branches and controlled humidity.

I have a clip fan at the top of the tent angling down. But it's main purpose is to cool the light and move air above the light, though some airflow spills down onto the canopy.

The AC-Infinity is mounted directly above my light, with a muffler stuck on the input side. The hot air is sucked out pretty well this way.

And finally, added since flowering, I put a 6-inch input duct fan running full speed 24/7 blowing in at the base of the tent. It pressurized the tent pretty well considering how the sides bulge now. Probably added a couple square foot to the grow space too.

I have temp/RH sensors in the tent below, in-canopy and above canopy. Below canopy temps are 72-75F consisently. RH is 40-60%. Mid-canopy I'm at 78-80F and 45-53%. Above canopy just a bit lower in RH and higher in temp (barely). Gentle breezes swayed the leaves all through veg, and RH stayed under control. (Early in the grow I had to add a humidifier in the tent, but once the plants expanded to the sides of the tent, they sort of created and controlled their own micro-climate, and I removed the humidifier about then.)
That is some good information. Maybe next time I will look into the AC Infinity exhaust. I just have a basic one now I don't know what brand it is without looking. I can adjust from low to high but low still has a decent hold to it. I wish it went a little bit lower. I have not added a filter on there yet but I do have one. I would also like to get intake fan that's controlled as well. If I could get all the pieces to the puzzle I would need to definitely make sure I have enough medication to last me a long time to make it worth the energy bill. Right now these tiny little autoflowers have me so mad. They started flowering really soon. I don't think I'm going to get anything out of them. They got a seven to eight week flowering. Since there's no trichome production yet I'm hoping these are still going to get bigger. Today is actually a month since I put the germinated seed into dirt. I wonder how many weeks are left. There are Otto's but I wonder if they were still just too young to start flowering

20220412 153704
20220411 201519
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I buy cheap ones from dollar general or Walmart. You don't really need an oscillating if you position your clipon fans right. Amazon way over charges for their fans. If you really want an oscillating fan look at local stores before ordering one.
That's where I've bought just about all of my fans...I get them at Value Village on Tuesdays where seniors get 30% off $4.99 - 30%.. = $4 tax in. Clip on's, small osculating, stand up fans..exhaust fans too in the way of bathroom fans I've boxed up with an input side and output controlled with a dimmer switch..

T

TheCatman

That's where I've bought just about all of my fans...I get them at Value Village on Tuesdays where seniors get 30% off $4.99 - 30%.. = $4 tax in. Clip on's, small osculating, stand up fans..exhaust fans too in the way of bathroom fans I've boxed up with an input side and output controlled with a dimmer switch..
The oscillating thing sounds good to help build stronger stems to support the weight of the bud. Minor super young. I don't know if I should put any stress on them to make them stronger or let them put their strength in producing flowering. Or do you think? At very worst I guess I could always find a small trellises cut them so I'm able to place them around the plant. Somebody recommended a Mike tray and I was Finding trouble finding one that would stick to my corner Pole. The other option is trying to run something across so I can use a wall mount isolation. I don't know about Towers. I really don't know how much wind it's supposed to have. It would be nice if they had professionals that could come to your home and help you with your side up. On our way to see live demonstrations. I'm having to build piece by piece but I want it to eventually have a setup that is capable of producing me the amount of medicine that I need. Once I can get that all dialed in then I can think about turning it into more healthy ways to consume. It's amazing that such a beautiful flower and Medicine just naturally occurs on this planet. Yes with the right conditions you can make your plant even healthier. But it's natural. It just grows from this Earth, a gift from God.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The oscillating thing sounds good to help build stronger stems to support the weight of the bud. Minor super young. I don't know if I should put any stress on them to make them stronger or let them put their strength in producing flowering. Or do you think? At very worst I guess I could always find a small trellises cut them so I'm able to place them around the plant. Somebody recommended a Mike tray and I was Finding trouble finding one that would stick to my corner Pole. The other option is trying to run something across so I can use a wall mount isolation. I don't know about Towers. I really don't know how much wind it's supposed to have. It would be nice if they had professionals that could come to your home and help you with your side up. On our way to see live demonstrations. I'm having to build piece by piece but I want it to eventually have a setup that is capable of producing me the amount of medicine that I need. Once I can get that all dialed in then I can think about turning it into more healthy ways to consume. It's amazing that such a beautiful flower and Medicine just naturally occurs on this planet. Yes with the right conditions you can make your plant even healthier. But it's natural. It just grows from this Earth, a gift from God.
I like the osculating ones that clip to the posts GrowHobo posted above but they'll be over $75 Cdn taxes in for me.....I look for them used in a few years lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom