Regular seeds when to buy them for the small grower or medium grower

• Thread starter jollycanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
As a 10 plant limit gardener, regular seeds can be a great experience of genotypes getting to seed a variety in the genetics while keeping the profile you enjoy. In my experience only the "IT" genotype is anything like the description. Sometimes the genotypes are very diverse in effects with some being power houses and others very mild in effect. Even the flavors very with possible concentrations in one terp or another.

Example 9lb hammer gynxproof genetics, there was at least 5 distinguished genotypes and all of them had a wide swing of phenotype possibilities. One taste like lemon head candies but was very very mild in effect, the other smelled like a pinesole floor or a chem bud but was very paranoia inducing for me, another was kind of like peanut butter cups but had an effect like a super hawaiian strain great head space if you like tripping. And then there was the "it" genotype which was like the leafly description. All the various genotypes changed each season with the pheno some would go from being og chill to paranoid tangerine.

The phenotypes for each genotype were so diverse it would be almost like smoking another strain. And only one season was it exactly like the leafly description as in the flavor was balanced limy grapes with a very body high with a clam on anxiety. The weather and age of the soil the only changes. This last year one season was profoundly grape! Like wow...

Because the seeds were regular seeds I got to experience 25 variations of the same parents.
Now I don't know if fem seeds actually get tired faster then regulars from experience but I can honestly say there is a difference in high from reg to fem and minor though it is reg from seed same geno as the fem has a higher high. But only a really epic cultivar could propagate to the level that it will be a noticeable difference for most.

Seed companies can vary in quality quite a bit not everyone understands how to grow for seeds as a product but some do. And I'm not going to tell you how to. But there is something fun about getting a male and female together and being able to grow their kids. You never know what your going to get. Its so cool how many hybrids have a sativa expression and a indica expression with a few in the balance...

Think about crossing to insane strains that were fire paranoia but just one of the kid has it all right and no anxiety with the best traits you love of both...

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
So I got super stoned and forgot the original topic...you grow them on the short season and you keep track of the flower weeks and cut 1-2 weeks early leaving the bottom 1/3 of the plant and put a cheap cfl bulb 24hr over them and then by the time they go back into veg your shit is dry and if you kept track you can keep the ones you want for long season and have a head start. But your going to want to prun the roots a small amount and transplant into a fat air pot.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
As a 10 plant limit gardener, regular seeds can be a great experience of genotypes getting to seed a variety in the genetics while keeping the profile you enjoy. In my experience only the "IT" genotype is anything like the description. Sometimes the genotypes are very diverse in effects with some being power houses and others very mild in effect. Even the flavors very with possible concentrations in one terp or another.

Example 9lb hammer gynxproof genetics, there was at least 5 distinguished genotypes and all of them had a wide swing of phenotype possibilities. One taste like lemon head candies but was very very mild in effect, the other smelled like a pinesole floor or a chem bud but was very paranoia inducing for me, another was kind of like peanut butter cups but had an effect like a super hawaiian strain great head space if you like tripping. And then there was the "it" genotype which was like the leafly description. All the various genotypes changed each season with the pheno some would go from being og chill to paranoid tangerine.

The phenotypes for each genotype were so diverse it would be almost like smoking another strain. And only one season was it exactly like the leafly description as in the flavor was balanced limy grapes with a very body high with a clam on anxiety. The weather and age of the soil the only changes. This last year one season was profoundly grape! Like wow...

Because the seeds were regular seeds I got to experience 25 variations of the same parents.
Now I don't know if fem seeds actually get tired faster then regulars from experience but I can honestly say there is a difference in high from reg to fem and minor though it is reg from seed same geno as the fem has a higher high. But only a really epic cultivar could propagate to the level that it will be a noticeable difference for most.

Seed companies can vary in quality quite a bit not everyone understands how to grow for seeds as a product but some do. And I'm not going to tell you how to. But there is something fun about getting a male and female together and being able to grow their kids. You never know what your going to get. Its so cool how many hybrids have a sativa expression and a indica expression with a few in the balance...

Think about crossing to insane strains that were fire paranoia but just one of the kid has it all right and no anxiety with the best traits you love of both...
Awesome thread and great information. I’m growing regs now and I can see the differences in the two phenos. Sooner or later I want to give breeding a shot.

PS. I’m still waiting for them to stock those godzilla glue #45 seeds. So impatient. Haha

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

So I got super stoned and forgot the original topic...
I read your entire first post and I was like, "what the fuck did that have to do with the original topic" haha. I enjoyed the post AND it was humorous. Have you grown 9lb Hammer from Jinxproof Genetics? I wanted to pick up a few packs from their site to look through, but they only accept cards that I saw. I prefer cash for such transactions. I do enjoy the fact that they donate to an Autism research foundation. Positive vibes...
Awesome thread and great information. I’m growing regs now and I can see the differences in the two phenos. Sooner or later I want to give breeding a shot.

PS. I’m still waiting for them to stock those godzilla glue #45 seeds. So impatient. Haha
Making seeds is fucking fun and easy. Trust me, I do it all of the time haha. I just made some Tropicanna Cookies F3s for the second time today and more pure '88 G-13/HP and '88 G-13/HP x Tropicanna Cookies the week before that and Mikado x Tropicanna Cookies the week before that haha. Breeding takes a lot of time, energy and dedication, but most people are not doing that anyway. Make some seeds. Choose worthy parents and you will not regret it. It's truly my favorite part about growing cannabis. Well besides looking through the progeny of my own work. I have some Yeti OG x Tropicanna Cookies seeds that I harvested a few weeks ago that I am about to germinate a round of. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter

I smoked 707 truthband then kauai electric and was blasted. The reveg is great no month or 2 of roots that need to develop. I just got my order from paumana and was stoked, elephant, white elephant, puna duck f2, elephant skunkdawg, kauai electric x duckfoot x something else epuc... Great packaging seeds look great awesome presentation best ive had besides humboldt.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
I read your entire first post and I was like, "what the fuck did that have to do with the original topic" haha. I enjoyed the post AND it was humorous. Have you grown 9lb Hammer from Jinxproof Genetics? I wanted to pick up a few packs from their site to look through, but they only accept cards that I saw. I prefer cash for such transactions. I do enjoy the fact that they donate to an Autism research foundation. Positive vibes...

Making seeds is fucking fun and easy. Trust me, I do it all of the time haha. I just made some Tropicanna Cookies F3s for the second time today and more pure '88 G-13/HP and '88 G-13/HP x Tropicanna Cookies the week before that and Mikado x Tropicanna Cookies the week before that haha. Breeding takes a lot of time, energy and dedication, but most people are not doing that anyway. Make some seeds. Choose worthy parents and you will not regret it. It's truly my favorite part about growing cannabis. Well besides looking through the progeny of my own work. I have some Yeti OG x Tropicanna Cookies seeds that I harvested a few weeks ago that I am about to germinate a round of. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
I have some jinxproof 9lb hammer seeds right now. Send them an email they have great costumer service they might take cash. The stickers are great! They have interesting verity and I herd he is breeding for his own situation and passing on the ones that work for his conditions to us... 9lb hammer is apparently great for seizures...

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

~nugzz
Sooner or Later when I get my garage more dialed in. I enjoy watching them grow and would definitely like to sit back and admire my own genetics. I have a 15 year old autistic son. My wife and I have been experimenting with CBD with him and more often than not it really calms his mind and spirit. Thinking about growing out a CBD only strain and learning how to make some gummies for him and others. Where can I buy some of those seeds? Constantly giving back to the autism community. Thanks stankz.
Burnz

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Sooner or Later when I get my garage more dialed in. I enjoy watching them grow and would definitely like to sit back and admire my own genetics. I have a 15 year old autistic son. My wife and I have been experimenting with CBD with him and more often than not it really calms his mind and spirit. Thinking about growing out a CBD only strain and learning how to make some gummies for him and others. Where can I buy some of those seeds? Constantly giving back to the autism community. Thanks stankz.
Burnz
Bubblegum or Chemdog 91

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Burnz
I've herd 1:1 ratio is the best...

If you want to help me donate to my paypal, everything cost cash and the more experimenting I can do the better for anyone who reads it

Top Bottom