Reliving My Gypsy Youth,...

• Thread starter Roni
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What type of LED wattage should I use for my space?!

• 300watt

• 600watt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Roni

Roni

I have a question, I am in the decision process of going from ole skool HID to either plasma, LED or CMH.

You said you just helped a friend with their harvest and you were impressed. Can you tell me in comparison to HID as you use them yourself, is the bud density the same with LED or are they less dense with LED. I have heard but cant prove that led tends to put out a less compact bud. Now I know this would vary with strains but what can you tell me with what you saw.?

And I am also hearing that the claims that led are so much cooler isnt really the case, is this true???

Going by what my friends say, the LED produced more bud sights, thicker over all, less chance of burning plants, no heat issues or if you miss watering won't kill them. I'm not sure, but the cost is ideal. ā™”

Roni

Roni

It is all about the love. Anyone says different they need to have their head examined. LOL

Totally agree my friend, I live the #OneLove attitude everyday. Instead of giving a fish to feed for a day, I teach how to fish then everyone eats for a lifetime!! (Anology of course)

Roni

Roni

Now that you have your light sorted, time to start thinking about genetics.

Yes,.. I prefer Indica, but I'm also a fan of hybrids. Especially to keep me going with pain relief. Although at night I need something more sedative. I recently got this White Widow,... very high T. I have 2 seeds. lol.
I'm on a low budget & struggling with my health. So in time. I'll have it going... luckily I have good friends who care!
I've helped many people get healthy, it's now my turn to benefit from the knowledge gained.

20161011 171756
dreamofgreen

dreamofgreen

I have a question, I am in the decision process of going from ole skool HID to either plasma, LED or CMH.

You said you just helped a friend with their harvest and you were impressed. Can you tell me in comparison to HID as you use them yourself, is the bud density the same with LED or are they less dense with LED. I have heard but cant prove that led tends to put out a less compact bud. Now I know this would vary with strains but what can you tell me with what you saw.?

And I am also hearing that the claims that led are so much cooler isnt really the case, is this true???

i don't know what the end yield was but i'm sure it's near or over 2 lbs. i've got near 2 from a single 600 hps a couple times, but i had to really have everything dialed in and i was on top of the grow every hour of the day. now i do things in a much more lazy fashion and usually get about 500 to 600 grams a round.
most of her buds were crazy dense with terrific trichome coverage.
it must be true they produce a lot less heat. i have to run a window ac most of the year to keep room temps in check, i think that costs at least 50 bucks a month in electricity. that alone is more than what her bill has increased since she started.
fwiw she's running the three solar storms in a home made box that's about 3' x 7' x 7' with a high volume inline exhaust fan pulling through a carbon filter and an active air intake. in a spare bedroom with central air set around 68

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom