Relocating with plants in Flower?

• Thread starter Rookie12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rookie12

Hey!

I had my plants in Veg for 50 days now, they all look pretty decent, I just switched to flower 2 days ago.

Now private plans changed and we have to relocate to another place , 6-7 hours of driving.

The relocation will take place at the end of the month, so the plants will be around 32 days in flower at that time.

How to relocate in a way, that the plants will not take severe damage, reveg or go crazy?

Every advice is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hey!

I had my plants in Veg for 50 days now, they all look pretty decent, I just switched to flower 2 days ago.

Now private plans changed and we have to relocate to another place , 6-7 hours of driving.

The relocation will take place at the end of the month, so the plants will be around 32 days in flower at that time.

How to relocate in a way, that the plants will not take severe damage, reveg or go crazy?

Every advice is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I mean depending on how many plants you have - rent a uhaul and go crazy. True story - I once drove a 26 foot Penske truck LOADED to the gills with 5 to 7 foot plants in week 6 of flower. Drove 8 hours across the state of Colorado - most nerve wracking drive I've ever done in my life. Just drive carefully, check all of your lights, turn signals, etc. every chance you get and abide by the traffic laws - you'll be fine.

Try to sync up the lights-out time with the time you're going to be driving - drive carefully don't go all Evel Knievel - the plants will be fine. Oh, and it helps if you water them before the move - less likely to tip over, less shock to the plants.

Good luck! 🤠

R

Rookie12

I mean depending on how many plants you have - rent a uhaul and go crazy. True story - I once drove a 26 foot Penske truck LOADED to the gills with 5 to 7 foot plants in week 6 of flower. Drove 8 hours across the state of Colorado - most nerve wracking drive I've ever done in my life. Just drive carefully, check all of your lights, turn signals, etc. every chance you get and abide by the traffic laws - you'll be fine.

Try to sync up the lights-out time with the time you're going to be driving - drive carefully don't go all Evel Knievel - the plants will be fine. Oh, and it helps if you water them before the move - less likely to tip over, less shock to the plants.

Good luck! 🤠
Nice, thanks for this.

Crazy story xD
But it seems like I will have to do you it much like you did.

I will try to synch it so that it will be dark for the plants while driving. Today I read an article about this same thing, relocating while being in flower.

The writer suggested a 24hr period of light after the drive. And afterwards the normal 12/12 cycle again.

What do you think about that?

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Leave them in the dark in the truck until your normal lights on time (or wait til the cover of darkness to move them if you feel sketchy). Move them into the new room while the lights are on. Keep the same exact schedule you had in the old room. Make sure your temps and humidity are in-range and manageable before you get the room full if possible.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Good luck! 🤠
God damn, this wasn't even my question, but if it was your answer would've been exactly what I was looking for. Great info. That would've been a nerve wracking ride for me too. I've done similar a time or 2 maybe not quite as bad, I'm not sure what those charges would be, but when I've done it I would be super on edge and mean and snappy to my anyone in the car. Lol, good times, good times.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Nice, thanks for this.

Crazy story xD
But it seems like I will have to do you it much like you did.

I will try to synch it so that it will be dark for the plants while driving. Today I read an article about this same thing, relocating while being in flower.

The writer suggested a 24hr period of light after the drive. And afterwards the normal 12/12 cycle again.

What do you think about that?

Are you sure the writer said 24 h of light and not 24 h of dark? Definitely wouldn't do 24h lights, but some folks like to give their plants 24-36 hours of darkness if their light schedule gets messed up.. Say a light timer got stuck on when it was supposed to be off - for example.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
God damn, this wasn't even my question, but if it was your answer would've been exactly what I was looking for. Great info. That would've been a nerve wracking ride for me too. I've done similar a time or 2 maybe not quite as bad, I'm not sure what those charges would be, but when I've done it I would be super on edge and mean and snappy to my anyone in the car. Lol, good times, good times.
Yeah luckily this was after recreational became legal, but yeah I still wouldn't have wanted to find out what those charges would have been 🤠

For the record a 26 foot Penske truck will hold approximately 130 -150 plants in 20 to 30 gallon hard pots ;)

And we had a medical license for the plants in case we did get pulled over - and in case you were wondering, yes, it smelled like a rolling dispensary 😂

Top Bottom