Removing Fan Leafs After Mainline.

• Thread starter Be42ohh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Be42ohh

Be42ohh

I was just curious as to if I should remove the 2large fan leafs or leave them for a while?
Removing fan leafs after mainline

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

All fan leaves are energy gathering/storing leaves. I leave mine on. Nice plant.
Thank you very much, that’s what I was thinking but I have seen many people remove them. At what point should you remove them? Maybe once I’m about to top again?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Thank you very much, that’s what I was thinking but I have seen many people remove them. At what point should you remove them? Maybe once I’m about to top again?

Ideally when you have good air circulation and if they don’t block any light from passing thru, you don’t need to trim any leaves. This is a very hot topic.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
when they die or turn yellow or are blocking bud sites. As mentioned it is an energy source when they are healthy. Keep em till they drop being that low they wont be blocking any bud sites

chemistry

chemistry

There's no rush. When leaves get in the way, or block up the center of your plant and stops it getting air and light, then strip a few, but if they are in some good light, leave them to get on with it. Good healthy leaves are what the plant uses to make energy to build nice buds.

London bud

London bud

While your vegging you don't need to cut nothing, let her go for a bit and every week or so tie down wherever needs it to keep a flat top. Trim her up proper closer to flower

Top Bottom