renting, landlords, hippa, wtf?

• Thread starter vince vega
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vince vega

vince vega

I am new to the area and moved here, in part, for the right to grow my own meds. I'm working on setting up a grow for myself and a couple of patients.
This being totally new to me...both the area and the medical marijuana laws I have a few questions. Hopefully some people out here know the answers or have some opinions/questions of their own and this might become an informative discussion.

I'm probably going to be renting my space, likely a lil house with a full basement. While looking for places I noticed some commercial/warehouse space pretty cheap. That got me thinking... hmmm, a place to store some shit, get away from the fam... and grow a lil bit.
Then, bam... a shop space...hmmm turn a wrench, store some shit... well you know the rest.
I mean damn... there's mill space, artist lofts......The power available in these places is way more conducive to the needs of a grow.
Then there is the (high) cost of rent vs the (low) cost of real estate...frickin 3-fams for sale for 40k-50k in providence and beyond.
OK... here's where I get to some questions:
1. Can you legally grow away from your home?

2. How do you handle the landlord situation, home or commercial?
I'd like to be up-front because I'm no fan of secrets but then they might not want to know to protect themselves. Same time I don't want any damn drama once I'm in and cozy.

3. Also how is the law handling multi-unit buildings and the possibility that there could be multiple grow's under one roof by people who are nothing but neighbors?

Thats all I can handle right now.
Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I know not a thing about the state of MMJ in Rhode Island, my friend, all I can do is give him bump.

vince vega

vince vega

I thank you for the bump my brother... um... whats a bump? I was a kid in the 70's saw some bumping on Soul Train. Shit was righteous, Some sweet brown sugar with an afro...tight polyester pants... damn.

dextr0

dextr0

LOL!! Wrong kind of bumping brotha, they just trien to help you out by putting your post at the top for all to see again.

By the way Seamaiden a female. Hence the maiden in Seamaiden.

Would it not be right for him to get with his state NORML rep??

http://norml.org/

K

kushedout

R.I is in a big grey area, i would call d.o.h and ask quest, if you want accurate answers, if not all else is heresay...

LBH

LBH

You won't get an answer from the DOH, they don't interpret the law but it wouldn't matter, it's too grey to interpret. I can tell you this, if you multiple share on the rent with other growers, the state police will consider you a co-op. I've been at it with them for 2 yrs regarding this.

vince vega

vince vega

All apologies to seamaiden. *Tips hat* Howdy Ma'am.

Thanks for chiming in LBH. I've read your threads/posts and learned from your experience. Thanks for that too.
The grey area is pretty freakin vast as far as I can tell. I'd like to keep to the letter of the law but some of it seems tricky.
The plant limits seem reasonable. As far as I can figure I can have 12 flowering, 12 in veg as a card-holder myself, and having been listed as a caregiver to 1 other patient.
I've also heard that having 24 in flower is fine if none in veg.

The amount of "usable" medicine is super grey area. I'm no lawyer but I've been around long enough to know that is a mine-field right there. Usable? Usable for what? Would not take Perry mason to argue either side of the usable argument.
Seems to me if the man wanted to bust your balls this shit is usable while it's sitting in your 24 site undercurrent system and your going to jail. Pack your toothbrush and your state issued med mari card. You can show it to Big Bubbah on your first "date".
Is it 2.5 oz's per patient? 2.5 total?
Again I'm sorry to ask dumb questions or ones that might make people uncomfortable. With the scope of the grey area here and the corrupt nature of the people calling the shots, perhaps being uncomfortable is appropriate.
I mean, look who's set-up to run and profit from these "compassion" centers. These groups are full of ex-police chiefs and politicians, good ol boys to be sure. The same people who would like to raid your house and drag you out to the cruiser in front of your kids and neighbors for doing the same thing. This whole thing has a wild wild west feel to it. I'm a bit of a cowboy, but I am no young gunslinger with nothing to lose.
So plz share your interpretations of these issues I've brought up. Right or wrong your input will help clear the grey as the uninformed are corrected by the better informed.
Thanks to all, be safe.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

to be honest with u .. i think staying under the radar away from the compassion bullshit.. i think thats the way for the cops to stay in the loop.. just stay under the limit and stay away safe.. i am thinking about moving to rhode island very soon actualy but im not to sure.. looking for places else were first.. id really like to get out to michigan thou

S

skunkburner

What are the differences with a co-op as opposed to having two card holders using one area to grow?

frostymcfailure

frostymcfailure

may move to rhode I for medical but dont know how to go about that with the landlord either. It'd be great to have a lil grow pad so i can utilize my medical card & hydroponic systems. It says people can not kick you out based on medical status but as stated above in posts the state is using technicalities to go after people. I wish i could bring the original diesel back east =d

RI Redneck

RI Redneck

The law reads that a landlord can't discriminate against you for having a card. It doesn't say anything about whether or not he can discriminate against you for growing weed in his house.

frostymcfailure

frostymcfailure

this is why i feel it is complete bs && am searching for a legit landlord or roomates prior. Way harder than youd think..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is why it's always better to own. If you can possibly do it, do it.

Top Bottom