Repot or not?

• Thread starter Imone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imone

Imone

Is is always necessary to re pot before going into flower? I have a fem sensi skunk in a grow closet with cfls. Its on 14-10 after being on 18-6. I will go to 12-12 soon...my first grow was a lebanese on 12-12 start to finish... repotted my lebanese into a smart pot (after it started flower) about twice as large as the 3.5 gallon plastic pot and it seemed to set it back a little and the plant never used all the room. I would have wet spots and dry spots. I use a mix of foxfarm happy frog, ocean forest, perlite and peat moss. My skunk is not sticking any roots out of the bottom of my pots or showing signs of root bound either? Skunk should go about 8 weeks in flower i think? Any one have any experiece with this?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Only tranplant if there is enough veg time to mostly fill the new pot wih roots. They will continue to grow roots through stretch so figure to try to fill the final pot by week 2. Most find transplanting in flower stressful. I have never tried.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I don't grow autos, but the plants I grow are a lot larger than what is usually grown indoors, and I use a 5 gallon bucket from start to finish. If your plants are shorter than 5 ft or so, you should be OK in 3.5 gallon pots. The time to repot is before flowering, since most strains don't grow a lot after they begin to flower. Regarding how long they should go, that really depends on the plant and the setup... don't put too much faith in the seed vendor's recommendations since the quicker "their" seeds finish, the better and it is usually a selling gimmick. 8 weeks is reasonable, but some take longer and you should probably follow the usualy guidelines for determining the finish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom