Repotting/transplant

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I recently just moved a few plants into larger pots and almost instantly they went from standing tall and looking healthy to limp.

I have my stuff outside so they soak up all the sun they can. But I live in a warmer part of the country but they seem to love it.

After swapping them into new pots only one stayed tall and stiff the others went limp. I brought them inside under some LED lights and after several minutes they seemed to come back to life standing tall again.

My question is this normal? And how long til I can start putting them outside again?
I feel like they are just getting use to the new medium and may need to keep them under the LEDs for a few days before returning them outside.

Any info on this or additional info that I may be able to give please let me know.

These guys are in vegetative state about 5 weeks.

Thanks in advance

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
When you re pot you should try to keep the stress down to minimal levels.how big are the pots? What is the temp/rh inside and outside? Can we have some pictures of the plant to assist better? I would imagine it has to do with too much light or heat (i would check root zone temps, i imagine that they are pretty high outside) they might deal with the heat/light better under normal/ideal environmental conditions but i would throw them in the shade and give them a drink.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Yeah they are bag seeds so had 3 in the same pot. They were thriving soaking up the sun all doing well. I felt it would be better to get them all in their own space. So I dont think it's the heat I just feel like its shock. Like I said one was like nothing happened the other 2 were obviously stressed. I have them inside now and they seem to be recovering but I want to get them outside in the sun because that's where they seem to be doing their best. I did just give them a drink and here are some pics of them.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
Yeah they are bag seeds so had 3 in the same pot. They were thriving soaking up the sun all doing well. I felt it would be better to get them all in their own space. So I dont think it's the heat I just feel like its shock. Like I said one was like nothing happened the other 2 were obviously stressed. I have them inside now and they seem to be recovering but I want to get them outside in the sun because that's where they seem to be doing their best. I did just give them a drink and here are some pics of them.
What soil is that? Looks to be lacking drainage.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

It's a mixture of MG potting soil, Compost, and cactus and succulent soil.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I'd say 80% MG soil, 10% of the other 2 in each pot. Also it looks moist because they were watered about a hour ago and plenty came right out of the bottom of the pots.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Honestly it's the same stuff they were all in together. Nothing changed other then putting them all in their own pot.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
I would definitely re pot them asap into something like promix 60/40 or 75/25 permits mixed in, or fox farm with same perlite ratio.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Explain why please? I saw countless post of people saying miracle grow was fine for veg state. That's what I'm using and through some compost for nuts which I also read that could give plants all the nuts they needed for their lifetime.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
Explain why please? I saw countless post of people saying miracle grow was fine for veg state. That's what I'm using and through some compost for nuts which I also read that could give plants all the nuts they needed for their lifetime.
So with compost it can be really hot for seedlings, you need to make sure it is very very well composted. you will lack oxygen to the root zone if there isn't ample drainage. Anaerobic conditions are not ideal for cannabis, but are ideal for a lot of unsavory characters that might harm your plants root zone.so to increase oxygen to the root zone you increase the draining capability of your medium/container. If you have any more questions let me know. Perlite is usually mixed into any medium when in regards to cannabis.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

There is perlite in the MG but I'm looking for things I can get at my local hardware store nothing special I need to order. That being said is there something your suggest soil wise? I can always add more perlite. But these are bag seed so not super invested in these but I do have some fem seeds germinating that I want to do right by when they sprout.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
There is perlite in the MG but I'm looking for things I can get at my local hardware store nothing special I need to order. That being said is there something your suggest soil wise? I can always add more perlite. But these are bag seed so not super invested in these but I do have some fem seeds germinating that I want to do right by when they sprout.
Look for the white bag of perlite at ace, and the promix in the predominantly white bag. Do a 30-40 percent mixture of perlite vs the promix.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
Will do. At least that will help with the fem seeds.
Don't give up on the bag seed, i pulled slightly over a pound off of mystery seed. They aren't established enough to cause to much damage if you we're to re pot them asap .

Madbud

Madbud

Not just perlite but vermiculite too. Perlite holds air, vermiculite holds water. Roots probably got damaged if 3 in one pot. Just give them some shade for a couple days.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
I would be sparing with the vermiculite ;) nobody likes wet feet !
Not just perlite but vermiculite too. Perlite holds air, vermiculite holds water. Roots probably got damaged if 3 in one pot. Just give them some shade for a couple days.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I was super careful pulling them out of their old pot. They seem to be ok. I mean 2 of the 3 went limp but within about 20 minutes inside under Full spectrum LED they stood right back up. I just wanna get them back outside soaking up the sun. They seem to be thriving but 24 hours later when I put them back outside they seem to wilt or go limp still. But as soon as they come back in under lights the come back to life. I guess I will just keep trying until they recover from the stress. But will invest in perlite and vermiculite. Think Mircle grow with added perlite and vermiculite would suffice? I'm not trying to spend stupid money on special soil. Also if that would be fine how much perlite and vermiculite to the soil? Thanks again for your reply

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
I was super careful pulling them out of their old pot. They seem to be ok. I mean 2 of the 3 went limp but within about 20 minutes inside under Full spectrum LED they stood right back up. I just wanna get them back outside soaking up the sun. They seem to be thriving but 24 hours later when I put them back outside they seem to wilt or go limp still. But as soon as they come back in under lights the come back to life. I guess I will just keep trying until they recover from the stress. But will invest in perlite and vermiculite. Think Mircle grow with added perlite and vermiculite would suffice? I'm not trying to spend stupid money on special soil. Also if that would be fine how much perlite and vermiculite to the soil? Thanks again for your reply
I've found there is a lot of uncomposted large pieces of organic material in mg soils. if you got a bag of perlite and a bag of coco you can do 50/50 coco/perlite mix, then use bottle nutes. That would be pretty cheap. Or you can get a bag of fox farm ocean forest for about 25 bucks . both are great options! I would stay away from miracle grow imho.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

This fox farm? Also gonna add a picture of something the wife has that says its coconut fiber. Would this work and just add perlite?

Latest posts

Top Bottom