Res For a Flood Table

• Thread starter manicgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
What size reservoir do I need for a 4'x8' flood table?Also does anyone just use plastic tubs like the ones at Home Depot or Wallmart?:character0050:

A

astro

I think a 4'x8' flood table needs a little more than a 16-20 gal.storage container from the "Mart". I would use between 40-70 gal. res. for this type setup. It makes it a lot easier also to control the PH with a bigger res. Best of luck!

A

astro

Post Note: I do not change a res for the life cycle of the plant. When I go from veg. to flower I run veg nutes for about two weeks into 12-12 then I run up to about 1000 ppm using micro and flower nutes only.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks astro!I have seperate veg/flower room so no worrys bout that.

A

astro

Manic,
I am only talking about running veg nutes for two extra weeks because then they don't yellow up to early and also I never change res. for the life cycle of the plant. Don't I know you from CW?

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
I see what your talking about now.I remember you from CW.I dont remember talkin to ya though.

B

boxmunch9

70gal min

I would HIGHLY advise setting up a top feed with 1/2inch tubing and 3/16inch feeder lines. You can use a 70gal and never need to top it up with water until you change the res , usally about 7-9 days. This really helped me break my feeding up into 8weeks, I just changed the res every sunday

if your doing a
Flood and drain, a 100gal with allow the water to go much higher up the medium, but I did it for a year with a 70gal but you need to top it up every 2-3 days so the pumps dont run dry which is annoying to bring the hose in the room ,mixing a little nutes up , then PH'n it. Do top feed its excellent and you only have to adjust the PH every two days and leave the hose for once a week

A

astro

Just a little bit FU tonight Manic! Superbowl thing. Seriously though, been doing the flood & drain thing for about 10 yrs. Be glad to answer anything I can.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
I was thinking top feed also bm.I just thought flood and drain would be easier.I will be using loose coco in 2 gallon smart pots.Been doing coco for years and love it!Its just hand watering 100+ plants is a bitch!

E

eastside

i have 2 35 gallon rez's hooked up to 2, 4 x 6 tables so i think 50 and up would be good for your 4 x 8

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The 4x8 tables come with a 115 gallon reservoir from the factory most of the time, depends on how many plants or how much volume you displace as to how much you actually need..

On a full flood on a 3x6 and 70 gallon is suckin air..

Tex

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys!Yeah, Ill be running 55 2 gallon smart pots in each 4x8 table.I got #2 50 gallon reservoirs per 4x8.Ill be connecting them with 1" tube....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I see people fillin the empty space on the tables between the pots with hydroton to displace more water and cut down on the total water required to flood...works great

Tex

Greyskull

Greyskull

displacing the water is a great "trick".
with 55 2 g pots those tablers will be pretty loaded.
are you gonna have both fitting in (fill & overflow), or are you gonna be rocking the single "fill" on a timer set to example 8mins on?

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
The hydroton worked great for me for displacement and for preventing algea growth by keeping the water level below the hydroton line.... since then i have added a lid and net pots to them.

B

boxmunch9

2 55gals will be gravey, Yea the top feed is super easy to set up too although i always was scared of it for some reason, your table stays much cleaner , I really like the top feed too because it pulls air into the medium and really helps keep the salt from building up

Top Bottom