reservoir question for hydro growers

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

i am currently changing out my rez once a week so every 7 days.

every day im needing to "top off" with fresh water around 3 litres

by about day 4-5 my ec has dropped from the starting 1.5ec to around now 1.2ec ph is stable at 5.7 all the time.

question should i be adding top off water with nutes to keep it up at the 1.5 i start with at the start of the week ? or keep doing what im doing ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Keep doing what you are doing

at each stage of growth the plant takes up nutrients at different rates and in different proportions. Doing a weekly red change allows you to rebalance everything to the correct proportions. If you top off with nutes and do not have the experience to read the plants yet you can create imbalances and lock outs by doing too much.

post up some pics and we’ll help you as you go.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I feel your pain. I want to buy a NPK manual test system so when I top off, I add the right nutrients. Generally when my ph drops I add something or change res, but I cant explain very well how I do it. Im just guessing lol. . Like today my ph finnaly started dropping. Meaning, i need more of one of my nutrients, and yea. . its hard. Like I only added trio Micro a few days ago, and i just poured some in, didnt even measure it. I had one of my plants show some yellowing while all the others are dark green, and the ph dropped. So im like, nitrogen, of course. Then ph climbed for 2 days, im happy, now it dropped today, but none of the leafs are yellow lol. .idk if I need micro, bloom or grow. . so since I was able to top off once, and my growth is amazing. . and im confused. . im going to pump out 90% of my solution, and top off with a fresh batch. Without testing equipment or obvious signs of deffeciencies, its guesswork, and you will be better off dumping and making new, or even dumping 50% and making new. . If your ph is climbing, your going well. I do get it, the shits expensive. If I were you id get some NPK and calcium testing kits and tell me what they are so i can buy them too. . then we can make our shit last forever.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

at each stage of growth the plant takes up nutrients at different rates and in different proportions. Doing a weekly red change allows you to rebalance everything to the correct proportions. If you top off with nutes and do not have the experience to read the plants yet you can create imbalances and lock outs by doing too much.

Speaking of NPK testing kits, Lets say I want to manually test my solution. What should I buy? Lets say I keep it simple, N, P, K and Calcium. Since I got 4 bottles lol. . Anyways when I look up the kits, they are for soil. I really dont know what to get, and im a tight ass so I like to start off with the cheap manual methods, and work my way up.

Also, A hydro store in STL has a grow on display for the public to view. The said the business is allowed to. Do you know how I could do that in missouri lol? Id love to have multiple hydro systems on display in my building, people enter see what they like, I upgrade their soil grow for some $ ya know. Was gonna get into new builds, but I dont wanna mess with the contractors license or insurance. With hydro, I can build something for them, install it, and manage it for the first year, basically upgrade with guarantee, but I have to be legal to be around it, and allow others to be around it ya know? Not really trading or anything, just close proximity with plants. Long time no chat moe

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Speaking of NPK testing kits, Lets say I want to manually test my solution. What should I buy? Lets say I keep it simple, N, P, K and Calcium. Since I got 4 bottles lol. . Anyways when I look up the kits, they are for soil. I really dont know what to get, and im a tight ass so I like to start off with the cheap manual methods, and work my way up.

Also, A hydro store in STL has a grow on display for the public to view. The said the business is allowed to. Do you know how I could do that in missouri lol? Id love to have multiple hydro systems on display in my building, people enter see what they like, I upgrade their soil grow for some $ ya know. Was gonna get into new builds, but I dont wanna mess with the contractors license or insurance. With hydro, I can build something for them, install it, and manage it for the first year, basically upgrade with guarantee, but I have to be legal to be around it, and allow others to be around it ya know? Not really trading or anything, just close proximity with plants. Long time no chat moe
Whazzup man

I don’t want to pollute this thread but I’ll hit ya up pm

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Whazzup man

I don’t want to pollute this thread but I’ll hit ya up pm
I bring up the testing stuff here cause he might wanna get it too, but yea pm me how I could do that other for reall

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you can get a aquarium full test kits. comes with everything you need to know for the water parameters. but the readings arn't going to be anywhere you want it to be

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

P(?) https://milwaukeeinstruments.com/mi..._jYe1fV58F3bzJz4sox5Qg5Xki-Juj6IaAqn-EALw_wcB
Nitrite https://www.hannainst.com/hi708-nit...aC8jedla5equXmTF1joB5XQzODwJhwukaAuEmEALw_wcB
Nitrate https:://www.hannainst.com/marine-nitrate-high-range-checker-hc-hi782-r.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAip-PBhDVARIsAPP2xc0dFXR7k9kzRQPxk3GYZrVJrqQuJRRk8isZKyhjzdqXJI2ffLuuT8kaAkyiEALw_wcB
K+(or do I need K?)https://www.abqindustrial.net/store...W83vCLo7mSAvDsCcYDVxoq-X-_pGLODwaAhKREALw_wcB
Think these will work? Im clueless honestly . .. . it somewhat makes sense when I research aquaponics required ppms for these levels. At least it gives me ranges. I might start with the manual strips. . but i guess ill study first. OP should follow my lead

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

yeah i think ill keep doing what you have said and just topping up with water . the general hydroponics feed chart im using says this exactly so if im doing the rez change every 7 days it should be ok. plants looking good

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Not sure if I’m meant to be still bending under the net . Don’t wanna let them get too tall this time . Tomorrow is 2 weeks since flip

46C66833 248B 4492 B422 66B24597921F
F61D275C 5228 4C0B A719 20C0465B045F
6A298728 CA37 4936 A330 726D50F2B49D

B

Bfjerky

Looks great. I run Rockwool Hugo's recycling. I always try to balance my Rez with my runoff. So for me I usually set my Rez at 1.4ec and my run off comes out at 1.4ec. I know I'm dialed in then. Start at 1.2ec then check your run off after 3 days. If your run off stays at 1.2 you're good. But if your run off comes out lower than 1.2 try setting Rez at 1.4. You want to find the equilibrium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom