Reservoir Water Turning Brown, Help!

• Thread starter iBudman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iBudman420

So this is my first grow and ive reached the point where watering each plant individually has become a huge pain. My friend told me to buy a 32 gallon trash can and an automatic watering system so i did. I filled the trash can up, ran my pump and air stones in it and within 24 hours the water turned brown and the ph went from 6.5 to 7.2. There was a lid over the trash can the whole time and no light was getting into it. This is my list of nutrients that i was using. Advanced Nutrients 3 step Micro, Grow, Bloom. Also Advanced nutrients B-52, Fox Farms Bush Doctor Cal Mag and a little Rhizotonic from canna. I Would really appreciate any insight. I figure it couldve been mixing the rhizotonic with advanced so i cut it out of the regimen and also cut out the fox farms cal mag and got advanced nutrients own cal-mag and same result with the next reservoir. Could it be the cal mag doing it? im kind of at my wits end as im hand watering 18 5 gallon plants a day. Also might i add the nutrients seem to be settling towards the bottom. I Have a pretty powerful pump, i believe it cycles 950 gph.

Brown water
GrimReffer

GrimReffer

So this is my first grow and ive reached the point where watering each plant individually has become a huge pain. My friend told me to buy a 32 gallon trash can and an automatic watering system so i did. I filled the trash can up, ran my pump and air stones in it and within 24 hours the water turned brown and the ph went from 6.5 to 7.2. There was a lid over the trash can the whole time and no light was getting into it. This is my list of nutrients that i was using. Advanced Nutrients 3 step Micro, Grow, Bloom. Also Advanced nutrients B-52, Fox Farms Bush Doctor Cal Mag and a little Rhizotonic from canna. I Would really appreciate any insight. I figure it couldve been mixing the rhizotonic with advanced so i cut it out of the regimen and also cut out the fox farms cal mag and got advanced nutrients own cal-mag and same result with the next reservoir. Could it be the cal mag doing it? im kind of at my wits end as im hand watering 18 5 gallon plants a day. Also might i add the nutrients seem to be settling towards the bottom. I Have a pretty powerful pump, i believe it cycles 950 gph.
What’s your water temps? How big of a air stone are you using? Make sure you do a really good cleaning in between res change out. How long is your res sitting before getting used up?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Did you wash the can out before using it?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Welcome to The Farm. It would be very helpful for you to give as much information about your grow as you can so that experienced cultivators can better help you. Take a look at this thread and see if you can give a lot more information.

There are a lot of questions but I can tell you from past experience that AN nutrients are a finicky bunch. I tried them out in my first hydro grow and ended up abandoning AN halfway through the grow and started using General Hydroponics. I won't use AN again but that doesn't mean they don't work for some, just not me. Have you ever used their 24/7 grower hotline? The number is at their website. You might want to try giving them a call and hopefully get further help here if you can give more info on your grow. Personally, the help I received here was far superior to the help I got on the hotline. The help there was good, but when they couldn't figure out what my problem was, they wanted to blame my meters, which were working just as they were intended. Anyhow, best of luck to you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom