Residue in my 14 gallon resevoir.

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

Thank you man. I like the idea of one on the bottom and one on top. Maybe I'll just keep mine for the bottom and grab one of these to add on. Is there a way to keep it stirring the water closer to the top as the water drains? I'm just picturing as the water drains, the pump won't be touching anymore.
As long as you have opposing currents and the venturi that should be enough to provide the surface turnover ratio you need to let the water hold as much oxygen as possible for the temperature and pressure it's at. (Pushes up big nerd glasses)
If you are going ebb and flow you can get level switches. But they stick. If its just a reservoir you change once a week you can just unplug the pump while it's draining. Ebb and flow requires a lot of surface area to air ratio. It's a bit more complex.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

As long as you have opposing currents and the venturi that should be enough to provide the surface turnover ratio you need to let the water hold as much oxygen as possible for the temperature and pressure it's at. (Pushes up big nerd glasses)
If you are going ebb and flow you can get level switches. But they stick. If its just a reservoir you change once a week you can just unplug the pump while it's draining. Ebb and flow requires a lot of surface area to air ratio. It's a bit more complex.
Thanks fam, I appreciate the advice. That sounds like it'll work, two pumps opposing each other to keep it nice and stirred up.

Top Bottom