retarded?

• Thread starter Thick Smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thick Smoke

i have been running nirvana's papaya for 4 generations. i have been more n more happy with the results each harvest. i clone from a mother then flower mother and clone grows in veg till next run. on this run i took 4 clones from the plant going into flower and something strange has happened.
all of the clones i have taken have lost all characteristics of MJ. my leaves have gone from 7 blades to 3 and none of the new growth has serrated edges. it honestly looks like a weed.
can anyone tell me what is happening?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Were the plants flowering for a bit when ya took your cuts?
Does it kinda look like its growing basil leaves?? Can you post some pics?

T

Thick Smoke

they were switched to 12/12 2 days before i took the cuts. and yes it looks like basil leaves. i am assuming by your reply and knowledge this is normal. i have never took cuts from floewerd plants before but had to due to technical difficulty's.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow getting the basil effect of only 2 days of 12/12? yup just be patient with her and she will revert willie back to vegetative stage.. My buddy Fear has a reveged Fire OGK.. Same deal.. Now finally is starting to throw some normal leaves.. Be taking cuts in no time..

I would want to establish a mother of this fine cut ya like so much..

T

Thick Smoke

thanx for the info man!!! yeah she is definatley gonna become a mama.

T

TheNman

I agree, just let them veg out.

My suggestion would be to stop rotating your generations so rapidly.
If you could, keep a mum alive and just flower her clones.
It'll slow down genetic drift for ya.

Good luck!

B

boxmunch9

yea your best not to take clone from clone from clones. soon enough you'll lose potency amoung other things. its always tempting to flower a big ass mama thou

Top Bottom