Reuse Your Coco

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pileit

Pileit

We did not notice any pests in previous runs. We only had a slight smell from one pot, that did indicate a problem though. We did not soak in hydrogen peroxide. Just pulled roots and reported. We did give the coco enzymes. At our scale I Beleive it would be less expensive to buy new coco. We are a commercial facility with 100s of plants and would be a tremendous effort to do that. The space required would be alot too. Thanks for the responses.

Enforcer

Enforcer

We did not notice any pests in previous runs. We only had a slight smell from one pot, that did indicate a problem though. We did not soak in hydrogen peroxide. Just pulled roots and reported. We did give the coco enzymes. At our scale I Beleive it would be less expensive to buy new coco. We are a commercial facility with 100s of plants and would be a tremendous effort to do that. The space required would be alot too. Thanks for the responses.
Yeah, it would be a substantial investment to get the equipment necessary to recycle the coco as I described for 100s of plants. You could sell your used coco to backyard gardeners looking to amend their soil. I’m sure more than a few would be willing to give you a few bucks to take it off your hands for you. Then you could use that money to offset to cost of new coco each run.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I use fresh coir every run, why? Simply because the cost of my runs per pound to produce allows me too. When you're cost of producing a pound is less than $100 you're just nit-picking.

Top Bottom