Reuseable carbon filter

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Has anyone tried reusing the shell of a carbon filter(after it has been used), drill out the rivets, remove the spent carbon replace and re-rivet?
If so, questions,
1) what is the best carbon to use?
2) from reading pelletized and tightly packed carbon works best(you want as much surface face on the carbon to aid in filteration process), so should I find a method of applying extreme pressure when packing the new carbon in the filter or is hand packing good enough?

Ive found some companies here in SOCALi that sell the carbon(coconut activated carbon, and coal based activated carbon). they sell it fir as cheap as 4$ per pound as low as 55lbs incraments. some places online sell 25$ fir 25lbs.

Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
L

LBZ Farmer

It would work, but be careful to fill ALL THE VOIDS. Air (fluid) will find the path of least resistance and shoot out through any voids. The smaller the carbon the better. Maybe just try it on a small scale?

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
It would work, but be careful to fill ALL THE VOIDS. Air (fluid) will find the path of least resistance and shoot out through any voids. The smaller the carbon the better. Maybe just try it on a small scale?

WHen I replace my filter ima get a new one and reuse the one i have so ill let u guys know how it goes.

Confu...

budboy299

budboy299

My buddy has a refillable one with a plastic grommet to empty and refill. (this was from where the manufacturer originally filled it)

I did have a chance to see similar carbon filter like growers use, being made. They were for industrial use but looked virtually identical.
They filled them on a vibration table so the carbon was about as settled as you could get it. -BB

OGONLY

OGONLY

Confu there's a thread on this somewhere. Not sure if its here or IC? It gave all the details, step by step instructions. Also provided links on where to buy carbon.

I just checked my favorites and it wasn't there. Sorry bro. Hope you find it. Sounds like what you are looking for. Good luck.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
My buddy has a refillable one with a plastic grommet to empty and refill. (this was from where the manufacturer originally filled it)

I did have a chance to see similar carbon filter like growers use, being made. They were for industrial use but looked virtually identical.
They filled them on a vibration table so the carbon was about as settled as you could get it. -BB

Thank you, this helps.

Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Confu there's a thread on this somewhere. Not sure if its here or IC? It gave all the details, step by step instructions. Also provided links on where to buy carbon.

I just checked my favorites and it wasn't there. Sorry bro. Hope you find it. Sounds like what you are looking for. Good luck.

Thnx OG, I searched here and other sites and although i found diy carbon filters, nothing bout refilling an existing one. Ima keep searching in hopes i find the one u metioned. I also found some carbon resalers fir cheap locally.
Peace dude,
Confu..

Top Bottom