reusing pro mix premium and mixing with ffof

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

on my current grow i am using pro mix premium moisture potting mix ingredients listed below been using fox farm soil trio nutes for 4 months i have flushed the media for salts 2 times this grow i want to flush it for salts again when my grow is over please see other post

INGREDIENTS​

• Sphagnum peat moss (80-90% by volume)
  • Coir
  • Perlite
  • Ground Limestone (for pH adjustment)
  • Wetting agent
  • Mycorrhizae
    Reusing pro mix premium and mixing with ffof

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

and i want to mix it with 3 cubic feet of ffof and 1 cubic feet of perlite and use the mixture for my next grow what's yawls thoughts and opinions is flushing the pro mix and mixing it with ffof all i would need to do ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Flushing should work. I don't have a recipe for doing it. I would guess you'd want plenty to flow through.

Check the pH after you've done it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You do not flush or pH soil. You will cause problems by flushing and your not going to adjust the pH without killing the plant.
Soil adjusts its own pH.
Flushing washes out what the plant needs to grow.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

You do not flush or pH soil. You will cause problems by flushing and your not going to adjust the pH without killing the plant.
Soil adjusts its own pH.
Flushing washes out what the plant needs to grow.
so i should just reuse the pro mix from this grow like it is ? not flush any salts out

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

so i should just reuse the pro mix from this grow like it is ? not flush any salts out
If you are growing organic in soil, then no. Remix it with some fresh and add your amendments. Water normally and let cook for a week before planting.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

well that was kinda the point of the post if i could reuse and mix and what would i need to do my goal isnt going organic it was just save some money on soil i have happy frog dry fertilizer that says it has soil microbes in it

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

no one give simple answer's here like yes u can reuse it or no u cant

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

well that was kinda the point of the post if i could reuse and mix and what would i need to do my goal isnt going organic it was just save some money on soil i have happy frog dry fertilizer that says it has soil microbes in it
Ok. So you are not going organic soil.
In that case all you need is coco and perlite. Soil is an organic medium, if you're not growing that way, use the hydro medium. It will serve you better.

growsince79

growsince79

How's this for a simple answer. If you are sure there are no bugs use it and see what happens. I always start fresh because I have a small grow and can afford to. The main thing I would worry about is bugs and if you need to add hydrated lime.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Because you are mixing grow modes. Organic soil, but you want to feed it like Hydro. That is a recipe for issues. It can be done, yes, but why make more work for yourself when you don't need to? Avoid the complicated mess, go organic or hydro.

Top Bottom