reusing pro mix premium and mixing with ffof

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Because you are mixing grow modes. Organic soil, but you want to feed it like Hydro. That is a recipe for issues. It can be done, yes, but why make more work for yourself when you don't need to? Avoid the complicated mess, go organic or hydro.
Agree. It can get tricky. Straight promix is easier to control.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

how \
Because you are mixing grow modes. Organic soil, but you want to feed it like Hydro. That is a recipe for issues. It can be done, yes, but why make more work for yourself when you don't need to? Avoid the complicated mess, go organic or hydro.
how is dry fertilizer hydro ? on my current grow i used pro mix and fox foil soil trio nutes not fox farm hydro trio

growsince79

growsince79

I think its worth trying. Just let them start in your mix and start topdressing after 2 weeks with I'm guessing 2 tablespoons/gal of soil every 2 weeks. Let the plants tell you if they need more or less.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I think its worth trying. Just let them start in your mix and start topdressing after 2 weeks with I'm guessing 2 tablespoons/gal of soil every 2 weeks. Let the plants tell you if they need more or less.
well i have to try it because it is all i have . but how was i trying to feed it like hydro that is what i dont understand and that is confusing me

growsince79

growsince79

well i have to try it because it is all i have . but how was i trying to feed it like hydro that is what i dont understand and that is confusing me
Like me, he probably missed the part about using dry amendments. Using bottled nutes in organic soil is a little harder to control than using bottles in promix but its done all the time.

growsince79

growsince79

pro mix considered hydro ?
They put a small amount of organic stuff in it. Just enough for a few days before it needs nutes.. FFOF and cocoloco are loaded wth organic nutes and usually don't need to feed for a long time.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

They put a small amount of organic stuff in it. Just enough for a few days before it needs nutes.. FFOF and cocoloco are loaded wth organic nutes and usually don't need to feed for a long time.
im glad you brought that up becuase i been wanting to ask someone if there nutes in ffof why is there no npk rating on it ?

growsince79

growsince79

im glad you brought that up becuase i been wanting to ask someone if there nutes in ffof why is there no npk rating on it ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i dont rem the brand but i saw some organic potting mix at the store it didint have a npk on it

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

yep what @ComfortablyNumb said he's the organic man bro. If you can find the roots organic Lush it is normally cheaper than FFOF at least where I live it is but cant get Lush here right now it is sold out for a while I guess.
Where I live, FFOF is much cheaper than LUSH. 1.5 cubic ft of FF runs about $15.00 while the same size bags of LUSH is $28.00 each or $120 for 5 bags for a slight discount. Only one place carries it around here, and it's the place that usually has the highest prices anyway. I cringed and bought the "LUSH" despite it's crazy high price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom