reusing pro mix premium and mixing with ffof

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Where I live, FFOF is much cheaper than LUSH. 1.5 cubic ft of FF runs about $15.00 while the same size bags of LUSH is $28.00 each or $120 for 5 bags for a slight discount. Only one place carries it around here, and it's the place that usually has the highest prices anyway. I cringed and bought the "LUSH" despite it's crazy high price.
where i live in the store ffox is 26 dollars 1.5 cubic ft i got these 2 bags of amazon 22 dollars each

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

how \

how is dry fertilizer hydro ? on my current grow i used pro mix and fox foil soil trio nutes not fox farm hydro trio
Excellent question.
For myself, it is not organic if you have to feed it anything other than water.
A dry fert is coming from outside the soil in a form the plant can uptake.
Organics come from the soil in a 'buffered' manner so that they do not overwhelm the plant and cause an excess lockout.
What you are doing is adding a store bought version of the food that does not have the buffering of soil. This means you can way overfeed (I see this all the time) or way underfeed or cut the wrong nute and have problems. It's a balancing act when you feed store bought (bottled) nutes.
Organic does the pH and the feed buffering for you automatically.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Where I live, FFOF is much cheaper than LUSH. 1.5 cubic ft of FF runs about $15.00 while the same size bags of LUSH is $28.00 each or $120 for 5 bags for a slight discount. Only one place carries it around here, and it's the place that usually has the highest prices anyway. I cringed and bought the "LUSH" despite it's crazy high price.
FF is $42 a bag here. LUSH is $25.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

it says ffof has sphagnum peat moss in it and the pro mis i have is 80 to 90 percent sphagnum peat moss so i don't see why i could not mix them
You can mix them. That is a lot of peat moss for one grow unless you do it hydro style. Even then.... You want more humus over peat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom