Reusing Soil with roots or remove roots

• Thread starter IkeWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IkeWeed

IkeWeed

Hi all,

I just harvested my first plants. I cut the plant at base for drying prep. Can I leave the roots in and just plant a new seedling or do I need to remove the roots from prior plant?

Some sites say it is ok

????

Madmax

Madmax

You could use something like cannazym to break the roots down and turns that into nutrients for your plants...

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

What kind of medium?
I reused my promix after removing big roots and crumbling the promix up by hand and with trowel. I left some small roots mostly cuz it's hard to get all of it lol. I flushed with ph6 water just before transplanting, then fed light nute mix after. So far my current plants are fine with the reused stuff. Id imagine any ph buffers are long gone so I ph down between 6 and 6.5 usually.

IkeWeed

IkeWeed

What kind of medium?
I reused my promix after removing big roots and crumbling the promix up by hand and with trowel. I left some small roots mostly cuz it's hard to get all of it lol. I flushed with ph6 water just before transplanting, then fed light nute mix after. So far my current plants are fine with the reused stuff. Id imagine any ph buffers are long gone so I ph down between 6 and 6.5 usually.
Just good quality potting soil

Latest posts

Top Bottom