• Thread starter RG420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I wonder.

When you air cool a light you lose a certain % of light produced and spectrum changes.

If you run the %10 boost while air cooling... would the bulb just act as if it were in a non air cooled environment at %0 boost? Just costing you more electricity?

RG420

RG420

I ain't very technical tbh lads lol all I know if they looking healthy and fat I'm a happy Gardner lol so been checked on them just now and temps are at a nice an cool 75*F that's at the 600w setting and I'd say the bulb is well over 24" from canopy :) so what I'll do is whack it up to 660 just over the 5 week mark and cruise from there will be interesting to see how I get on yield wise in the end!

mancdank

mancdank

I ain't very technical tbh lads lol all I know if they looking healthy and fat I'm a happy Gardner lol so been checked on them just now and temps are at a nice an cool 75*F that's at the 600w setting and I'd say the bulb is well over 24" from canopy :) so what I'll do is whack it up to 660 just over the 5 week mark and cruise from there will be interesting to see how I get on yield wise in the end!
I wouldnt raise the wattage bro just lower the reflector

RG420

RG420

@Papa Indica this is the one dude so slim and light compared to the magnetic ballast lol

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

@Papa Indica this is the one dude so slim and light compared to the magnetic ballast lol

View attachment 647713
Oh yeah, that is slim, nice. My SolisTek has got to be about two of those, I thought my old one was pretty big but, this thing is a beast! I just got it right before I started this last batch and I love it, paired it with a new Digilux bulb and I'm running her on the Solis-Boost setting. It's noticeably brighter on the boost setting so, I'm going with it.
Funny, the SolisTek is the only one I've seen with that boost over here, @mancdank makes it sound like it's typical on ballasts over there, I guess I'm gonna have to look at some again just to see if things have changed since I was looking at them. (Had my eye on the SolisTek for quite awhile, didn't feel the need to look at them when I got that.)

mancdank

mancdank

Oh yeah, that is slim, nice. My SolisTek has got to be about two of those, I thought my old one was pretty big but, this thing is a beast! I just got it right before I started this last batch and I love it, paired it with a new Digilux bulb and I'm running her on the Solis-Boost setting. It's noticeably brighter on the boost setting so, I'm going with it.
Funny, the SolisTek is the only one I've seen with that boost over here, @mancdank makes it sound like it's typical on ballasts over there, I guess I'm gonna have to look at some again just to see if things have changed since I was looking at them. (Had my eye on the SolisTek for quite awhile, didn't feel the need to look at them when I got that.)
I can get these for £65 for the complete kit so really for penny's compared to what they was

Screenshot 2016 11 23 17 32 02
mancdank

mancdank

Nice, have you read up on the SolisTek at all? It's a very nice ballast, also can run single or double ended bulbs, which is a plus, the only thing I could say is that end of bulb life thing would be a great addition.
I haven't tbh I will do though I'm always fucking around with new gadgets lol have u seen the dimlux gear with the controller ? u can get a heat camera gun thingy that u point on the leaf and it will adjust the room to get the exact vpd

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

How is it cheaper just because it's in a smaller space u have already clarified that your using more juice and that mine off the same amount of juice and a lot cheaper equipment gives me 50% more bud than u which is also rock hard bud and no other bullshit so u can slice and dice all u want with a lot less cash I can return a lot more that's it
Why does the cost of equipment factor in? My grow more than pays for itself 3x over. Say I spend 6k.....I still make 12k for a 6lb harvest .....that's 6k profit..... equipment is paid for....next run will be 10k profit......

You spend $2000 to make 3lbs....6k for the harvest ....that's 4k profit.....say you do another run equipment paid for.....still only gonna make 5k......

I'm making almost double in the same space.... especially after the first harvest.....

Your setup profit from 5 harvests(one yr) is 24k

My setup profit from 5 harvests(one yr) is 46k

Top Bottom