Rheumatoid Arthritis treatment

• Thread starter RAGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RAGuy

RAGuy

Tried another hybrid over the weekend Bubble Gum. It was much much less of a heavy mental effect like the Blue Dream. I won't be touching that again lol. The pain lessening was noticeable but also less effective and lesser lasting. I know this is a hybrid so I tried it in the afternoon. I functioned alot better but I am not a big fan overall. I think I need to get some of the harlequin and give that a try. It sounds like a much better fit for pain as well as mentally. Im looking for a mellow headiness and so far I'm not finding it with hybrids.

I smoked quite a bit of hash when I was younger but never any oils so I have no idea what they are like. I'll do some reading.

Seamaiden; Thanks for the heads up on the maturity. I'm going to try some Indica's and see if that is a better fit for me. I'm also going to pass on going back to the dispensary I originally went to. There is one near me that has Harlequin and as well has very good rep online so I'll go pick their brains a bit and see if they are consistent with what I've learned here. :)

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I didn't like bubblegum wen I ran it myself.taste was there but the high was lacking imo...
I am by no means a lotion expert and if you wanted some thing extremely clean and natural then I would suggest looking in to salves as t don't go bad or have a need for preservation and the principle is the same. dissolve bho in oil that your skin is going to absorb deeply. the ingredients I use were selected for these and other specific properties.

here's the creme recipe I have come up with:
60 oz aloe gel,
32 oz avocado oil,
16 oz jojoba oil,
8 oz coconut oil,
2 oz kukui oil,
1 oz vitamin e
1/4 tsp menthol oil

To make it I put the avocado oil in a pot on the stove and heat it to 240-250 and add the oil for decarbing. (If the oil is already decarbed I just warm till bho dissolves). this only lasts about 15 mins till I turn it off. when its cool I combine all ingredients in a bucket and emulsify with a hand blender about 5-10 minutes. Done. It does better with slightly more aloe. I used only 2 grams in my last batch to good effect. You can always make it stronger, I probablly will. This makes a lot of lotion. :-D

If u have questions feel free to ask away, like to hear feed back too as I dont know any one who does this.

RAGuy

RAGuy

My wife made a batch of the lotion with the remnants of the other med's I had tried so we had about 3 grams or so. She used coconut oil, avacado oil, and mixed it with an all natural off the shelf that I picked up in a 50/50 ratio. I tried using the lotion prior to this but its absorption was not there and it was very oily. Adding the other product helped with this. I think because of menthol or something else that has the pore opening affects needed. Trial and error of course but the important thing is that the lotion works really well as a topical pain reliever especially after a hot bath. In my case the achy pain I have is relieved quite readily and lasts for an hour or better. Part of the issues I have with RA are related to how over time while in a constant state of pain my body becomes ultra tense which magnifies the pain and has a snowball effect. I have to take baths in the morning before work to limber my body up enough that I am able to move somewhat freely. The addition of the lotion afterward will be a big help to keeping me more limber and relaxed. Thank you for posting up your recipe connoisseurde420 !

I also stopped at another dispensary local to me and spoke with the personnel there and after telling them what was going on with my health and pain issues they directed me to Harlequin and Catatonic for pain relief with high CBD content. They also had CBD capsules there and gave me a few to try.

The harlequin has a very low THC content and is much less heady which I really like. It does a really good job on the pain relief and seems to work well after any headiness has faded from the psychoactive affect. It helps quite readily toward sleep which is a huge relief. I tried one of the CBD capsules before bed and it seemed to help. I think that something like these would probably be a help to take on a regular basis. For anyone with RA or similar joint pain I would highly recommend trying Harlequin.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
YAY!!! You found someone with some decent knowledge, very happy about that. Good to have more props for Harlequin, too. :D

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

@RAGuy glad to hear the lotion worked! I can source some harlequin clones from a shop i will get some of that in the garden for my ma and some other people.

Moo_dawg

Moo_dawg

I’m new to the site I hope this works. Got arthritis and just purchased a magic butter machine. I have sour diesel and Harlequin nuggets. Wondering if I can add camphor oil eucalyptus oil, chamomile oil, and magnesium chloride oil and cut back the coconut oil when I infuse the coconut oil. I’ve never used the butter machine or made any lotions or edibles. I just started smoking after 30 years due to two rotator cuff surgeries and arthritis. Any help would be appreciated, but I know I should just keep it simple but I always usually go to the extremes. Of course I want to make the extra strength topicals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom