Rhilos return   the warehouse invasion 2014 11
Rhilos return   the warehouse invasion 2014 12
Rhilos return   the warehouse invasion 2014 13
Rhilos return   the warehouse invasion 2014 14

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
subbed, very cool, by the amt of pixs u took of the mini split, id say ur real proud lol. jus busting ur balls, tells us more pls like specks and such. how many sites u running with how many/what size bulbs?
confu

Rhilo

Rhilo

Ok gang~ Here's the skinny~
This was all supposed to happen months ago. I was invited to help a LEGEND, a Master Gardener is an understatement, so everything has been sitting. I will say that it was worth every minute. I have a total new respect for outdoor, organic, natural farming. The man I learned from has been growing for over 35 years. I learned some things they don't teach anymore, lol.. Maybe never did.. But wow, what amazing trees this man produced!! I'll share pic or two here:

Tragic ~ Trinity County California : 2013

Rhilo

Rhilo

So, the moment you've all been waiting for.. And hopefully I can get the attention of some veteran farmers; Texas Kid, DS (Q9), and others before I get too far into construction; so that I have all the best tips - BEFORE hand..
Here's the existing parts and equipment list:

Dantherm Military-Grade 5 ton HVAC Unit - This is one of the units the US Military would hang on the GE modular trailers for their IT Dept. in the desert wars. It has a dehumidification application (for sensitive equipment) and thus will control both temperature and humidity levels, exceptionally well.
Then I have the obvious mini-split for the veg / control room. It is only 1 ton but shall do fine. I plan on T5s - maybe a 1K MH sealed and vented.

Using an undercurrent Evolution style (3 row) layout. With bare bulb verticals stacked in a checkerboard, I will have 11 Plants and 20 lights, with 2 more on each outside wall on light rails moving.

Plants= O
Lights= x

xx
OxOxOxO
xOxOxOx
OxOxOxO
xx

gotta run an errand- will continue shortly
get some popcorn.... juju berries or something

Amber

Amber

Ok gang~ Here's the skinny~
This was all supposed to happen months ago. I was invited to help a LEGEND, a Master Gardener is an understatement, so everything has been sitting. I will say that it was worth every minute. I have a total new respect for outdoor, organic, natural farming. The man I learned from has been growing for over 35 years. I learned some things they don't teach anymore, lol.. Maybe never did.. But wow, what amazing trees this man produced!! I'll share pic or two here: View attachment 349494

Tragic ~ Trinity County California : 2013
Wowzers

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I wouldn't bother with the light movers. Use more 600's on the outside.

Rhilo

Rhilo

I wouldn't bother with the light movers. Use more 600's on the outside.
Cap; I totally respect YOUR advise. I do already have these, light movers, and just bought new hardware.. But if you really feel like Im much better off with stationary 600s, then I will strongly consider it. Again, I'm where I am because of people like you, thanks my friend, your work is appriciated. Just got back from a NorCal trip, so I'll be moving on the warehouse some in the next week.. this should get good... )

D

donkeydon

danthern military grade. first ive heard of one. dehuy adjusts? sounds fuken cool

ttystikk

ttystikk

danthern military grade. first ive heard of one. dehuy adjusts? sounds fuken cool

Yeah it does. Still, I wonder if it's 'military grade' efficient, though? o_O

This is no doubt a great unit for a temporary installation, but if you're buying new from scratch, running efficiency becomes a big factor. @Rhilo Tell us if you got this AC unit new or used? SEER rating, if there is one?

On the subject of light movers to spread light along the sides of plants; my skepticism has nothing to do with whether it will work. I'm just not sure how far you can move a bulb linearly before it becomes an occasional light in the gloom, as opposed to constantly moving brilliance when viewed from the perspective of your plant. The whole theoretical standpoint of these massively light intensive rooms is to blast the plants with as much light as they can take- and if a bulb is moving more than a foot or two, that means there's room for two!

OTOH, don't mistake me for someone who thinks moving lights is a dim idea- personally, I think there is much untapped potential in the integrated and use specific movement of agricultural lighting- and I'm betting my money on my opinion.

If you have your light movers already laying around, it's not a bad way to put them to use. I would suggest moving the lights a foot or two max, back and forth across the face of an individual plant to maximize the benefits of spread, hotspot prevention (run it closer!) and leaf shading reduction, without letting the bulb ever get too far away to excite photo productivity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom