Right time to apply pollen?

• Thread starter MaverickNEA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

When is the right time to apply pollen in flower? The first week or second?
depend on the plant. Usually need to wait at least 18 days- that should make the seeds ripe by day 60. They should look something like this. Make sure you tag the pollinated branch so you can find the seeds.

elduderito

elduderito

I just did my first pollination at day 28 - this pic was snapped a few days later...

20210928 222415

she'll go at least 70 days which should be just enough time to produce some mature beans...

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

I just did my first pollination at day 28 - this pic was snapped a few days later...

View attachment 1175381

she'll go at least 70 days which should be just enough time to produce some mature beans...
Nice! I'm going to dust some pollen this Wednesday. They will be exactly at the three weeks in flower mark. Buds are getting a bit bigger now. Just doing a couple bud sites. 👍

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

Turned out the pollen I purchased online was garbage. Was pollen from 2019. It did nothing. 🤷‍♂️

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Turned out the pollen I purchased online was garbage. Was pollen from 2019. It did nothing. 🤷‍♂️
Where did you get it from and how did you store it? 2 years old is definitely pushing things even in good storage conditions. Pollen doesnt do well with fluctuating temperatures and humidity, if it was stored frozen and then shipped in summer for instance, then the viability will be significantly lower. I have used pruchased pollen in the past and also had a poor experience, however not all was lost and I did manage to harvest some seed although it was maybe 1/10th the number of seeds it should have been. There may still be hope but I personally avoid purchasing pollen now.

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

It's garbage. Was stuck in customs for four months. Who knows what they did to it. It was opened. 🤷‍♂️ Making my own from now on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom