RIP Canadians

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i feel for you bro,i gave up on voting many moons ago,i feel that every time i cast a vote it just for the next scam artist to come on in,wouldnt surprise me at all if they change the law on ya either,i believe the foreground in next election will be who will legalize it here also,once in office off with the drug addicts head hahaha

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i feel for you bro,i gave up on voting many moons ago,i feel that every time i cast a vote it just for the next scam artist to come on in,wouldnt surprise me at all if they change the law on ya either,i believe the foreground in next election will be who will legalize it here also,once in office off with the drug addicts head hahaha
That was my choice, \/ote for the guy/party that legalized it or the party that would like to re criminalize it. Hmmmmmm. decisions decisions. They are all junkies for tax dollars so their BS about which one will sa\/e us more money is moot.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Minority government... Woot!!! Glad these ass clown won't be able to shit without the help of the other ass clowns. Honestly there needs to a "common sense" party. Everyone is so far left or so far right it's disgusting. They say terrorism is breeding extremism.... I say fucking politics is breeding far more extremism than terrorism and that's sad as fuck

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I am saddened to say that I don't feel that ANY politicians are doing it to make a better world more like making it a better world for the politician who will forever have an income and health insurance... benefits that I, as a common citizen, will never see. The current situation in the USA is deplorable with hatred being sown at every chance. It's like the parents being away somewhere and the kids know better than to trash the place, but they just can't help themselves.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Minority government... Woot!!! Glad these ass clown won't be able to shit without the help of the other ass clowns. Honestly there needs to a "common sense" party. Everyone is so far left or so far right it's disgusting. They say terrorism is breeding extremism.... I say fucking politics is breeding far more extremism than terrorism and that's sad as fuck

I think the combined phenomena of the North America's "dual-reality syndrome" and social media echo chambers (facebook especially) are a huge force in dividing people. There can't be any effective dialogue if news outlets and the populace are constantly bickering about what the facts are (and nobody that can change things really cares if they lie).

In my experience, a great portion of people believe things that are either totally made up or exaggerated half-truths just because they want to be accepted in their in-group, and factual arguments to the contrary go unheard because they're a threat to the person's idea of their identity or their belonging to a group, not because they're incorrect. Far too many people listen to argue instead of to understand constantly as well, which also makes effective dialogue impossible and things like the Salem witch hunt possible.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think the combined phenomena of the North America's "dual-reality syndrome" and social media echo chambers (facebook especially) are a huge force in dividing people. There can't be any effective dialogue if news outlets and the populace are constantly bickering about what the facts are (and nobody that can change things really cares if they lie).

In my experience, a great portion of people believe things that are either totally made up or exaggerated half-truths just because they want to be accepted in their in-group, and factual arguments to the contrary go unheard because they're a threat to the person's idea of their identity or their belonging to a group, not because they're incorrect. Far too many people listen to argue instead of to understand constantly as well, which also makes effective dialogue impossible and things like the Salem witch hunt possible.
very well said.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
very well said.
The party system sucks! I had a buddy get elected as an MLA, before being elected he was just like the rest of us, bitching and complaining about taxes, poor representation, bad roads, not enough doctors and so on but once he got elected all that stopped and he spewed the party line and scripted talking points were all that came out of his mouth. Sadly he passed away a few years after being elected but I saw the change in him and thats what the party system does. He was no more the man of the people who elected him, if he wanted to stay in politics he had to toe the party line or be back benched and ignored.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I don't know how it is north of the border but I really only vote in local elections. I only really care about the people that are going to actually have an impact on me and my family. It takes so much of the time and negativity out of the whole thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom