Rising Ph! Rdwc

• Thread starter Door2univers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Door2univers

Word. You do you brother. I was just throwing out what I would do. I've really fucked up some RDWC plants in every way possible. Where is the air pump that's feeding the air stones located? Does it have a filter?
I don't believe it has a filter. It's in the same room

mandalaman

mandalaman

I don't believe it has a filter. It's in the same room
My plants turned around as soon as I got the airstones out of the plant buckets. Warm unfiltered stale air being blasted into the roots isn't good in my mind. Again, you gotta do you. I shouldn't even be giving advice probably. But I had same issue and removing airstones from plant buckets helped. If foodoo chimes in (i tagged him so I bet eventually he'll turn up) he can give you much more thorough and detailed info.

D

Door2univers

My plants turned around as soon as I got the airstones out of the plant buckets. Warm unfiltered stale air being blasted into the roots isn't good in my mind. Again, you gotta do you. I shouldn't even be giving advice probably. But I had same issue and removing airstones from plant buckets helped. If foodoo chimes in (i tagged him so I bet eventually he'll turn up) he can give you much more thorough and detailed info.

I get the stale air part . This is the pump.

IMG 0470
mandalaman

mandalaman

It likely has 4x the amount of dissolved oxygen needed for a shark to survive. Plenty for plants
Any thoughts on needing an air gap when running no agitation? I'm having an issue with mine. Maybe you could pop in my thread for a minute?

D

Door2univers

It likely has 4x the amount of dissolved oxygen needed for a shark to survive. Plenty for plants

So you guys are having better success completely dumping air stones and air pumps and just utilizing the recirculating pumps return water fall? Appreciate the experience you all are sharing

D

Door2univers

So the 900gph magma pump splashing into the Rez is enough for the 50 gallons of water in the 8 site rdwc ? Just turn off the air pump and I'm good? Should I increase the ppms since the d.o is going to be reduced? Currently at 100ppm for rooted 5 inches clones

F

FooDoo

more than enough. i have a 900 on 16 plants with 100+ gallons. no need to raise ppms either. i think by week 6 bloom i still hadnt gone over .6 ec which is 300 tds. keep following the same ppm levels you were aiming for.

btw your DO is not being reduced by removing air stones and air pumps. its a misconception.

however you will want to keep your water level high during the entire run. make sure roots always stay submerged in water or else they will dry out and die.

and if these are new clones with no established root system hanging out of the baskets then help the girls out and water them from the top two or three times a day until they get roots into the water.

F

FooDoo

also, with watering from the top, foliar feeding right away and continuing thru veg and first 2 weeks of flower completely gets rid of the ez cloner -> dwc transplant stall out everyone including myself experiences.

D

Door2univers

also, with watering from the top, foliar feeding right away and continuing thru veg and first 2 weeks of flower completely gets rid of the ez cloner -> dwc transplant stall out everyone including myself experiences.
Dam. would be nice if current culture realized this before selling the product as such So I'll try keeping my water level two inches above the net pot entire run and dump the stones ! Thank you again

hermit186

hermit186

I wrote most of this once before. You need a carbon filter on or around that pump and don't run it all the time put on timer. If your house has good a/c filters you will see less of an effect. If you don't put a filter it will raise your PH.
In my case before I stopped the air stone. It would raise the Ph .1 to .2 a day. You plants look hungry. In the times before money was no longer important I made my own carbon filters now I buy them.
I use a real high tech filter get a box bigger than your pump and build a filter form a good Hepa filter and you will be good for 6 months. If the space guys on the way to the moon can use it so can you called duck tape.
If you want a cheep water filter for all the wonderful shit the city puts in to help shorten your life.
Get bag of cheep charcoal bricketts and a ball bat. Pound bag to granulate some, get the best part of crushed charcoal stick in panty hose, don't take the finest dust. Now get new clean plastic garbage bag and put panty hose in the bag and use rubber bands to make it more manageable . Hang it up so you can add water from the top of the panty hose. Cut small hole at one end or lowest corner of garbage bag and run your water thru that. Is good for about 40 to 50 gals. Ph and ppm before and after. When I make beer every drop of the water goes thru that kinda filter and is disposable and after dry can cook BBQ with. It makes the beer not have any green taste. After 3 doesn't matter but I can taste it.

One thing everything changes the PH if you use bounce fabric softener in a dryer with in a basement that will really effect the PH. Fabrez will make your plants look very strange, so keep it far away. Because of your type of rig brush your cloths or get lab coat. Most of your bug problem to come will ride in on you.

Last edited:
D

Door2univers

I wrote most of this once before. You need a carbon filter on or around that pump and don't run it all the time put on timer. If your house has good a/c filters you will see less of an effect. If you don't put a filter it will raise your PH.
In my case before I stopped the air stone. It would raise the Ph .1 to .2 a day. You plants look hungry. In the times before money was no longer important I made my own carbon filters now I buy them.
I use a real high tech filter get a box bigger than your pump and build a filter form a good Hepa filter and you will be good for 6 months. If the space guys on the way to the moon can use it so can you called duck tape.
If you want a cheep water filter for all the wonderful shit the city puts in to help shorten your life.
Get bag of cheep charcoal bricketts and a ball bat. Pound bag to granulate some, get the best part of crushed charcoal stick in panty hose, don't take the finest dust. Now get new clean plastic garbage bag and put panty hose in the bag and use rubber bands to make it more manageable . Hang it up so you can add water from the top of the panty hose. Cut small hole at one end or lowest corner of garbage bag and run your water thru that. Is good for about 40 to 50 gals. Ph and ppm before and after. When I make beer every drop of the water goes thru that kinda filter and is disposable and after dry can cook BBQ with. It makes the beer not have any green taste. After 3 doesn't matter but I can taste it.

One thing everything changes the PH if you use bounce fabric softener in a dryer with in a basement that will really effect the PH. Fabrez will make your plants look very strange, so keep it far away. Because of your type of rig brush your cloths or get lab coat. Most of your bug problem to come will ride in on you.

D

Door2univers

That will be tough. Dryer is in next room over. Right now I'm at 80 ppm 500 scale of the culture solutions a+b and cal mag. I'm using reverse osmosis.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

could u explain this to me?

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Get bag of cheep charcoal bricketts
Ever wonder why briquettes 'sparkle' when lit? Potassium Nitrate. Added to cigarettes too, so you don't have to re-light. And you never know just how much was used for that batch of what was intended to only burn.

I appreciate the suggestion, but please don't use barbecue briquettes. Other sources of activated charcoal are cheap, especially if you have a buddy with an aquarium.

Top Bottom