RO system suggestions.

• Thread starter DND
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DND

I'm shopping around for a RO system to filter my tap water which is at +-350ppm down to 0ppm. I saw (in a video) a single stage inline system that claimed to bring tap water of 300+ppm down to zero, is there such a thing? Seem to me it would have an extreme amount water water which I don't want. I will only be using it to maintain a 50 gallon reservoir using on average 15-20 gallons a week at peak times. Simple, affordable and effective is what I'm looking for.

true grit

true grit

If times not an issue, get a HydroLogic 100 or 200. I have a Hydrologic 100 that will put out 15-20 gallons in a couple hours....PPM anywhere from 5-15. Screws onto a hose bib, or faucet indoors if you can thread it on and get enough water pressure. I love this thing. Even if I don't PH just right- plants love it.

D

DND

If times not an issue, get a HydroLogic 100 or 200. I have a Hydrologic 100 that will put out 15-20 gallons in a couple hours....PPM anywhere from 5-15. Screws onto a hose bib, or faucet indoors if you can thread it on and get enough water pressure. I love this thing. Even if I don't PH just right- plants love it.

How much waste water does that produce per 1 gallon of RO, if you know? Also, what can be done with the waste water besides it going down the drain?

true grit

true grit

Honestly I have no clue. I just let it hit the drain. I'll put another bucket in there and let ya know, but the flow is slightly heavier on the waste side than the RO side.

Top Bottom