Rockwool cubes to coco???

• Thread starter jonnynu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Can someone please help me...I got a some special clones that were started in rockwell cubes..since then most died, much to my dismay...what is the best way to transfer clones started in rockwool cubes to coco and perlite and have them flurish???????? instead of dying??

sky high

sky high

Just put the cube into the coco....water...and pray.

good luck, jonny

s h

H

haze1son

I dont think the problem is the rockwool cube itself. I have used both rockwool and coco and actually had more problems with coco(to each his own). I would flush the cube well if you arent sure what it has been fed and what levels. If the cube is rooted then there is no way to remove from cube if that is your question.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
plant them in some flushed coco - I had some 6 inch cubes with really good genetics a while back that I didnt have room for in my system - dropped them into some coco in 3 gallon pots and they turned out to be monsters

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Okay the first step to transplanting is to chose a quality brand of coco. One that does not need to be washed down of salts. I use canna coco and directly transplant into it. First cut the plastic lining off the rockwool cube. Put directly into canna/perlite mix. You will want to feed right after transplanting with normal nutes and a root stimulant. Some good products on the market for canna are rizotonic and roots exculator. Make sure to balance your PH to 5.5 to get best results in coco. Happy Gardening!

Pank Mon.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for your help everyone...appears they just needed/wanted more nitro..i said to myself...ah what the hell and gave them a good amount of nitro and bam...perked right up there...wish now i'd had done that much earlier...

Peace and thanks again everyone!!

J

Kenbokenny

Kenbokenny

Thanks for your help everyone...appears they just needed/wanted more nitro..i said to myself...ah what the hell and gave them a good amount of nitro and bam...perked right up there...wish now i'd had done that much earlier...

Peace and thanks again everyone!!

J
Did your water regimen stay the same or did your need less water? Because I understand you need 20% of the water to bleed off and wash the roots with the 50/50 mix of coco. But the rockwool holds the water.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Did your water regimen stay the same or did your need less water? Because I understand you need 20% of the water to bleed off and wash the roots with the 50/50 mix of coco. But the rockwool holds the water.

Not sure if you noticed or not but, that post is almost 10 years old. Major necrothread.

Top Bottom