Rogan....anyone Heard Of It?

• Thread starter Quagmire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quagmire

Quagmire

Hey Everyone....

I was recently gifted a 2 strains after being over generous in a trade with a friend on a different small site for open trading of genetics.. I'd never heard of the strain but have heard of the person it is named for..
Strain: Rogan
Genetics: Triangle x Sug's Leopard Kush x Pure Kush
Cross: Big Sur Holly x Rogan
Cross: Malawi x Rogan
After doing some research I think I'm correct that Triangle is Kromes "The White" , a strain I've heard many speak of very highly.
The story goes Joe Rogan, who most of us know is a activist in our world of medical MJ and was asked by Krome if he could create a strain in his honor.. Rogan replied, yes, as long as it's an old school type Sativa with a long lasting uplifting laughing with your friends high.. and thus he created "Rogan".. using his well known Triangle, aka: The White.. Sug Nite's Leopard Kush and a pure kush.. My buddy said he was given a few seeds in this inner circle to try out and crossed it to his 2 favorite plants..
An old school Big Sur Holly from some Monk he's had for almost decades within his family of growers in California.. and Malawi, a long flowering Sativa to keep adding to the Sativa high..

I have no idea if any of this has much truth to it other then everything he says kind of checks out and he's very reputable. He gifted me 10 of each to say thanks for being so generous, very few are these days as I laid 5 extra strains on him during our trade a few months ago..

Question: If these are the real deal, how long of a flowering plant am I looking at? And do I really have something special here or do others have this Rogan cross ..
Any input is appreciated, don't care if it's good or bad as long as your trying to help me get to the bottom of things.. I sure don't want to keep saying I have something hard to get a hold of for it to be false and look stupid.. and I'm also known to make F2's and share with many friends and don't want to do this with false hopes.. the seeds are quite large compared to many I have in stock and look great.

thanks, let's get to the bottom of this.. lol

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Man, thats got a great story to it! Grow those out, clone them and do an open pollanation...then you should have hundreds of seeds to pheno hunt, with those genetics it should be fire...

zeke

zeke

Triangle and the White are certainly different strains. Krome and Rick have a co. named Swamp Boys. I'm sure if they were the same then they wouldn't use them as separate parentals. Sounds like you got something good there though. Joe Rogan is fucking hilarious. Saw him do stand up once and he killed. Loves his herb and deemsters.....

true grit

true grit

man these stories are something else. Lol. Pretty sure the first listed genetics are the cross and Rogan is just a friend of swamp boys. Don't believe joe rogan has anything to do with it.

If you received a Rogan cut, I hear they are pretty solid and not to circulated.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I dont speak for krome or ricky. With that said Rogan is a great strain and is a friend of the swamp family. Ive burned with him once. nothing to do with joe rogan.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Triangle and the White are certainly different strains. Krome and Rick have a co. named Swamp Boys. I'm sure if they were the same then they wouldn't use them as separate parentals. Sounds like you got something good there though. Joe Rogan is fucking hilarious. Saw him do stand up once and he killed. Loves his herb and deemsters.....

related yes. same cut , not a chance

Quagmire

Quagmire

I heard Krome was in the swamp... so am I so be very cool to give him a holla so thanks for the contact info I sure will get to the bottom of all this.. we all love a good story huh.. what is weird is when you do research on line they tell you that "The White" is sometimes called Triangle so it can be confusing until you talk to the actual source.. thanks for all your comments guys, I so look forward to hitting them up and getting back here to let everyone know what I found out.. and yes, I full intend on making beans.. to good not to save huh?
peace

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
krome left the swamp yrs back along with ricky. if hes back its to visit IMO.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Andcricky was the true founder of the white.. Jus sayin

Quagmire

Quagmire

OK.. got some info from someone who used to hang out with both Krome & Ricky, all swampers here in my area.. Turns out Rogan was the name of one of Kromes buddies and has nothing to do with Joe Rogan, so another bunch of bull floating around the net. Must be a 1st, right... LOL.. He did mention that locals do call Triangle "The White" but that Triangle Kush was different.. still getting mixed info on this one.. I know at other sites people hunt for The White all the time saying potency is great.
Thanks for all the input guys.. nice to clear up rumors huh?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
incorrect. now ricky did run the white before krome was known to pass it around online. they both had the same mutual friend but had never met each other till I spotted a post of kromes and talked to him and realized they lived in the same city.
:) That's funny! Free rounds of beans for cannapits!

Quagmire

Quagmire

I just gifted half of the Malawi x Rogan to a buddy of mine and he promises to grow them out right away so hopefully have a nice smoke report soon. he was very jazzed up about the Malawi actually saying he's been looking for a nice Sativa for some time... So gave him some Beladonna to try too.. good luck Shoes muh man

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hey @Quagmire thats a great story - not sure if its bs or not but...

I have a very nice kushy funky cut of Rogan that I was gifted a few years back. Recently I posted a pic of my mom on IG and krome contacted me interested in the cut I had. At the time he told me he had made those beans a long time and gave them out to a few friends and never did end up getting a cut back. So at the last HTC I gave him a couple clones and he told me that this cut was from the first seeds he ever made.

rogan is now back in the swamp and filling my tables

The cut I have is not what id call an uplifting sativa - lol - but she is done between 63-70 if you still needed that info

Quagmire

Quagmire

It was fun to re-read thru this again.. Big Props to Motherlode for getting those cuts back to the person who made things possible. goes to show ya Karma always finds a way huh?
I just made a so very wicked cross and hope I get lucky on it.. LBL x Kate Bush
LBL = Loran's Long Bottom Leaf strain is, SFV OG x Jacks Cleaner 2
I wound up with a female phenotypes that was a frosty Lemon tree, harvested 20 seeds from it...
Male Kate Bush = a cross a friend did of SFV OG x Chemdog, the buds on this strain got so big that without support the branches would of broken.. one got to 4 1/2ft tall and got so heavy I had to get creative.. used the top half of a surf fishing rod, pushed it down into the soil and used the eyelits to tie the plant to the rod.. lol
Gave a friend a few seeds to test grow for me as I"m doing Auto Flowering for a few grows to make seeds for my community grow op.. cheers

IMG 0066

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
heres the mom I used for cuts on my current pleasant

View attachment 579099

this is from when I first flowered her out a few years back - crappy cell phone pics
day 26
View attachment 579101
day 48
View attachment 579102
Kudos bro for getting krome a cut. Like i said before i got some of those seeds and ran them and tried my best to keep a few around but lost them when i was popped in 09. She really was an awesome cross. Glad shes not loss. Gives me hope. Best wishes and much respect.

Top Bottom