ROI E680

• Thread starter Odiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Odiesel

Odiesel

Well im in the market for a new Light source, It is long overdue that I upgrade from a 600w HPS to some more modern LEDs.
I am flowering in a 4x4 space and thinking of purchasing the e680. At that price point i cant seem to find something that is much better i believe it also comes with a 3 year warranty.
If yall have any good thoughts for a Light around 900 USD that would be appreciated. I know i could get a chinese light but i rather not wait a month or longer for something to come.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I know @Anthem used the growers choice ROI and current runs Gavitas. Maybe he will chime in. Good luck brotha.

Thehab

Thehab

Hi, I am also looking for information on Roi-E680 and gavita 1700e if anyone had some experience using them i would greatly apreciate

GasNGrapes

GasNGrapes

Never used gavita but I have two roi 680 and fluence spider x plus.
noticed more stretching in my roi plants but not much.

I like the built in power controller and the digital one they make is the shit
I think the roi680 is great for the price.

Buds came out so frosty yield was great too infirst week flowering on my second run with them.

They are crazy bright and can burn your plants make sure you have some distance and good air flow.

I run sealed rooms with co2 with a mini split ac.
Change air on carbon scrubber every night no issues with smell or pests.
42EBB666 7D34 4D63 B8D5 0B6C99292FD5
229907AA 5A9F 4168 A073 3504E7E48723
81C8724C B149 4ABE 97AA BC5C77DFC0AA
3E802BB1 78FB 4E74 8199 E2BAE4246548

KeithHoward

KeithHoward

I recently purchased 2 ROI 680's for my 4X8 Gorilla tent W/The 1' Extension. Tent was full of plants that were already 4' tall. Grown under 8" Raptor Hoods With 1000Watt MH bulbs. Amps turned down to 600Watts. I pulled the Raptors and put the new ROI 680's in. Cranked em all the way up to the top of the tent and turned the power all the way down to the lowest setting. After a day or 2 I could tell they were NOT liking it!!! It shocked the HELL outta my plants!!!! Almost killed em!!! It's been a couple weeks now. They have some new growth. But they look like shit!!! Looks like they have a MASSIVE CAL/MAG deficiency!!!! I've noticed that they Definitely like a higher heat also!!! Hoping it was just shock from switching light's. I have a bunch of smaller clones that have been begging under 4' LED lights. So I'm hoping they will acclimate much better to the ROI 680's. Anyway my first experience with my new 680's was NOT good by any stretch of the imagination!!! But I'm not giving up. Sick of paying $1000 a month light bills!!!!!

KeithHoward

KeithHoward

I recently purchased 2 ROI 680's for my 4X8 Gorilla tent W/The 1' Extension. Tent was full of plants that were already 4' tall. Grown under 8" Raptor Hoods With 1000Watt MH bulbs. Amps turned down to 600Watts. I pulled the Raptors and put the new ROI 680's in. Cranked em all the way up to the top of the tent and turned the power all the way down to the lowest setting. After a day or 2 I could tell they were NOT liking it!!! It shocked the HELL outta my plants!!!! Almost killed em!!! It's been a couple weeks now. They have some new growth. But they look like shit!!! Looks like they have a MASSIVE CAL/MAG deficiency!!!! I've noticed that they Definitely like a higher heat also!!! Hoping it was just shock from switching light's. I have a bunch of smaller clones that have been begging under 4' LED lights. So I'm hoping they will acclimate much better to the ROI 680's. Anyway my first experience with my new 680's was NOT good by any stretch of the imagination!!! But I'm not giving up. Sick of paying $1000 a month light bills!!!!!
Never used gavita but I have two roi 680 and fluence spider x plus.
noticed more stretching in my roi plants but not much.

I like the built in power controller and the digital one they make is the shit
I think the roi680 is great for the price.

Buds came out so frosty yield was great too infirst week flowering on my second run with them.

They are crazy bright and can burn your plants make sure you have some distance and good air flow.

I run sealed rooms with co2 with a mini split ac.
Change air on carbon scrubber every night no issues with smell or pests.View attachment 975602View attachment 975603View attachment 975604View attachment 975605

KeithHoward

KeithHoward

MrLarry517

MrLarry517

Running 3 Roi 680’s. I’m 5 weeks into flower and they’re looking good. And bills have gone down alot

453E81D9 203D 483B B1E6 A45B6F531A85
E1A82141 EB6A 4DC6 A9C1 EB238583B379
62D160AB 1BCD 4BE2 A524 28C26CCB51AC
CD717EBF C71F 479D 975F F56F8BCD791F
D9790F3B C222 4FE9 B0D2 1951582C4754
growitathome

growitathome

I would avoid Grower's Choice completely.

They sent me a VERY poorly constructed light and refused to stand by it.

This is what $600 gets you - panel gaps, stripped screws, and a complete lack of customer service.

1   A5jcznh
2   0bPhYHm
3   DiJERu5
4   7SHTjGF
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

How did you get a E680 for $600??

They are at least $900 and higher depending on where you look.

Your story doesn't add up.....I find it hard to believe they wouldn't fix two screws that looks mis threaded....I wonder what the actual story is??

Are these screws making the light not function in some way?? If not, I would say be glad you got a $1000 light for $600.

Ill buy it for 599$ cash.....

growitathome

growitathome

How did you get a E680 for $600??

They are at least $900 and higher depending on where you look.

Your story doesn't add up.....I find it hard to believe they wouldn't fix two screws that looks mis threaded....I wonder what the actual story is??

Are these screws making the light not function in some way?? If not, I would say be glad you got a $1000 light for $600.

Ill buy it for 599$ cash.....

This is a Grower's Choice ROI-E420, which is $600.

The Quality Assurance should be the same on whichever light, I don't think you should have to spend $1000 to get correctly assembled screws, buddy.

This was posted merely to demonstrate the build quality and care that goes into Gower's Choice brand lights.

The "actual" story is that you are looking at 5 different screws that were all screwed in incorrectly which damaged the threads. Those pictures show two different sides of the light. The one with the bubble level is one side, the ones facing the other way are the other side of the light, meaning two of the four end caps have two screws incorrectly installed and one end cap has one screw installed incorrectly. By some kind of accident (or miracle) one of the end caps has all four screws correctly installed.

I can't just unscrew and screw those back in, because the actual threads were damaged when they were forced into place. The screws are sticking out 1/8-1/4" inch, which is hard to see on the cell phone picture but is extremely obvious in person. If I could just "screw them in," I would have done so. Whomever put them in at the factory has already smashed them into place, they are cross-threaded and the existing holes were hogged out by the angle the screws were installed at.

Yes the light still "works," but it's supposed to be IP65 rated, meaning it should resist dampness...how is it going to do that with a 1/8" panel gap?

And is it acceptable to have a bunch of wonky, stripped, sticking out screws on a "professionally" constructed retail product?

Sorry you took this as a personal attack.

Last edited:
Stoobeey

Stoobeey

I had a completely different experience I ordered a 420 it was on back order for over a month they never told me they just kept moving my delivery date I flipped out after over a month and they sent me a 680 model for all of my troubles. Been working great , a buddy in co also got a 680 after me. He's pretty happy and said it seems to be coming close to the 1200w mh he swapped out.

Top Bottom