Romberry by Freedom of Seeds

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is a grow I've been threatening to do for several years now lol ;) It should be fun, hope you enjoy the shenanigans!?

This is Romberry, perhaps the easiest cloning plant I've ever had, she wants to grow big and bushy but she can be trained.

She's a big yielder with an average THC content I would guess, not particularly strong but this plant is strongest of the three I started, and has both a mild blueberry scent and taste

Very calming & pleasent smoke, this strain acts like a Valium for me

And this is what I'm using to fuel her.. Jobes Tomato Spikes! (6-18-6)

20190615_204113.jpg

The info:

She was up-potted from 5" square pot on 6/3 into 3-gallon pot of ffof & 3 level tablespoons of dolomite was added to the soil. Because the fox farm is fresh I have not added the Tomato Spike yet

Liquid Cal/Mag will be added as needed, Mykos & TM-7 are also being used, nothing else will be added.

This is that Romberry this morning, she was lightly topped a few days ago to even her out, I will be putting her into bloom this weekend..

20190620_122602.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:
the rrock

the rrock

so this is Romulan x random blueberry? I put some Romulan clones outside about 30 days ago and they look somewhat smilar to your Romberry. Very vigorous growth and fastest grower by far ive got outdoors. Good job BWalker and keep posting pics plz!!!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Also interested in your time release fert, I use similar stuff in flowerbeds and outdoor random plants and it kicks ass(patience required)
Yes I had unbelievable Tomatoes last year from the spikes!! Been meaning to try this indoors for a couple years now and I'm finally doing it

this is a Romulan×blueberry cross from freedom of seeds, it has a really nice blueberry smell and even after drying and curing it holds onto some of it in the jar and on the hit as well

If you'd like to post some pictures of the Romulan I'd like to see it, can I ask where you got the seeds or is it something you've held onto?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Fertilizer spike grow. Nice! Im in to watch. Been looking foward to this since you mentioned it on riu.

Plant sure looks great so far. But we know ocean forest can do it. I have been considering time release ferts mixed in to the soil mix for flowering but am always afraid it wont work as well as watering in soluble nutes.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Fertilizer spike grow. Nice! Im in to watch. Been looking foward to this since you mentioned it on riu.

Plant sure looks great so far. But we know ocean forest can do it. I have been considering time release ferts mixed in to the soil mix for flowering but am always afraid it wont work as well as watering in soluble nutes.
Thanks for following along, I think it's going to be fun & interesting! I've been wanting to do this for a while, I chose Romberry because the plant is virtually bulletproof, it's a really strong grower!

That's my Schultz 20-20-20 that has that plant looking good so far, I love that stuff! But since it went into the fox farm on the 3rd of this month it's received only water

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for following along, I think it's going to be fun & interesting! I've been wanting to do this for a while, I chose Romberry because the plant is virtually bulletproof, it's a really strong grower!

A few years back there was a tomato spike grow going on one of the big weed sites. Cant remember which but the grower had tons of spikes in the dirt and the plants were stretching in a garden bed maybe in a greenhouse. But like most grow threads. It stopped before much into flowering. So i have no idea if the dude got rich and had no time to keep posting or poor and ran away with his tail between his legs. Lol. ;-)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A few years back there was a tomato spike grow going on one of the big weed sites. Cant remember which but the grower had tons of spikes in the dirt and the plants were stretching in a garden bed maybe in a greenhouse. But like most grow threads. It stopped before much into flowering. So i have no idea if the dude got rich and had no time to keep posting or poor and ran away with his tail between his legs. Lol. ;-)
Well I don't know how this one's going to go either if I'm honest!? LOL but these Jobes spikes sure put hundreds of beautiful tomatoes on the table last season!

The grower who I saw I do it and where I got the idea chopped them up and mixed them in his soil before planting

However I think a couple spikes to start will suffice, so will add 1 spike next watering, & probably add a second spike somewhere during the middle of the stretch. From there I'll add spikes as needed

What I suspect is going to happen is the plant's going to show a lack of nitrogen early and there'll be a lot of premature yellowing and Leaf Drop because the 6 - 18 - 6 is just not enough nitrogen to get a plant through the stretch, but I could be wrong?

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What I suspect is going to happen is the plant's going to show a lack of nitrogen early and there'll be a lot of premature yellowing and Leaf Drop because the 6 - 18 - 6 is just not enough nitrogen to get a plant through the stretch, but I could be wrong?

So I thought about the above statement and I decided if I'm going to do this I'm going to do this right..!

Screenshot 20190620 232201 Chrome

Ordered Jobes All Purpose (4-4-4), will transition to the tomato spikes to finish, piece of cake! :)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Strange you'd say that because I looked all around the net reading up on tips for this and I couldn't find one grow Journal using spikes that finished , not one!? maybe it's out there but I couldn't find it and that makes me say hummm?! 🤔

But I'm going to do it anyway! 😨 🤞
20190622 133200

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The romberry got a 4th tablespoon of lime because the last run off was a little below 6.0.

I'm going to use three spikes (4-4-4) to start and will add if needed.

In 30 days will add 2 or 3 more, and one or two tomato spikes (6-18-6) to finish the bloom cycle

As mentioned above I'm also going to use lime, TM-7, Mykos and liquid Cal/Mag as needed

I'm considering these spikes (3-5-6) for the last couple weeks of bloom, but I suspect the Tomato spikes will work just as well..
Screenshot 20190623 112811 Chrome

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well someday I will grow a Romberry with plant spikes just because I'm pissed off about it now, but this plant's already 42" tall and the extra couple weeks I had to hold those Blackberry gum has made me reconsider this stunt, mainly cuz I'm sick of my light pinned to the ceiling

I've grown Romberry and Gorilla Glue (which is what's in the tent now) side by side many times and they're nearly identical plants, they stretch about the same and get very tall, so this plant would be too tall now, but I've already rooted cuts from it so if I'm honest this plant will probably end up out in the compost pile :/

My new idea is to take these two identical Blackberry Gums from the same mother and grow one normally and one with spikes, which I think would be more interesting because of the comparison, than just growing one spiked plant anyway

20190626 080238

And if I do it this way I can get four plants out of the over crowded veg tent this weekend instead of just three, so that's a bigger factor for me

So thanks for following along, sorry for the last minute change up but I will be back to this thread, and I will grow something besides tomatoes with these spikes eventually!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

since it went into the fox farm on the 3rd of this month it's received
That's right this plant has not received any fertilizer in over a month!? 🤯

This should be a lesson for those who put little plants in Fox Farm ocean forest and then start feeding it
-don't!

Wait 4 weeks minimum; Start feeding somewhere between the 4th and the 6th week depending upon the demands of the particular plant

The spike package recommended 8 spikes which I felt was too much, I was going to use 4 but decided where this plant had already had a little bit of tip burn from the 20-20-20 I decided to start with just two Spikes halved, as the Fox Farms is still only a month old and is not lacking for nutrients yet

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well someday I will grow a Romberry with plant spikes just because I'm pissed off about it now, but this plant's already 42" tall and the extra couple weeks I had to hold those Blackberry gum has made me reconsider this stunt, mainly cuz I'm sick of my light pinned to the ceiling

The plant is no longer 42" tall, 10 days ago it was heavily pruned, it has regrown to 40" & has a few more tops than I like on Romberries and it's still a bit spindly on top but it will be fine it's a very strong growing plant and it was healthy overall so I decided to go with it or I might never get this stunt-grow done!?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Full disclosure: First watering since I put the spiked Romberry into flower I screwed up! LOL first thing this morning, pre-coffee (I should have known better :/ ) I poured 20 oz of 500ppm 20-20-20 into it, catching myself halfway and not pouring the full 40 oz, which I quickly switched to only plain 6.5pH water. Back on track now. No biggie but it did deserve mentioning I suppose

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Full disclosure: First watering since I put the spiked Romberry into flower I screwed up! LOL first thing this morning, pre-coffee (I should have known better :/ ) I poured 20 oz of 500ppm 20-20-20 into it, catching myself halfway and not pouring the full 40 oz, which I quickly switched to only plain 6.5pH water. Back on track now. No biggie but it did deserve mentioning I suppose
I don't even pee before coffee let alone think. Tisk tisk tisk.😉

13quwf
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don't even pee before coffee let alone think. Tisk tisk tisk.😉
Oh man I got to put a bell & a whistle on that plant to make it stick out a little bit LOL!? I'm probably going to mess up again too :/ I figured that would happen at some point but I can't believe it happened on the very first watering?! lmao! 🙃

20190708 115903

ps. When you get to my age you pee before everything :/

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Oh man I got to put a bell & a whistle on that plant to make it stick out a little bit LOL!? I'm probably going to mess up again too :/ I figured that would happen at some point but I can't believe it happened on the very first watering?! lmao! 🙃

View attachment 880292

ps. When you get to my age you pee before everything :/
I gotta write everything down or I'll get so stoned I won't remember my mother's maiden name.

Latest posts

Top Bottom