Rookie grower ready to harvest

• Thread starter KB1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KB1

I'm a rookie grower growing two Northern Lights plants and am 9 weeks into my first grow. The buds on the plants are looking good and I'm just starting to see a few of the trichomes turning amber. I suspect I'll be ready to harvest in a few days. My question is, some of the buds are more developed/mature than others and although almost everything I've read suggests harvesting the entire plant at once, I'm wondering if it would be worth clipping off and harvesting the most mature buds and leaving the less mature buds on the plant to mature more before I harvest them. Is it worthwhile leaving some buds on the plant to mature more, or should I just harvest the entire plant?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I'm a rookie grower growing two Northern Lights plants and am 9 weeks into my first grow. The buds on the plants are looking good and I'm just starting to see a few of the trichomes turning amber. I suspect I'll be ready to harvest in a few days. My question is, some of the buds are more developed/mature than others and although almost everything I've read suggests harvesting the entire plant at once, I'm wondering if it would be worth clipping off and harvesting the most mature buds and leaving the less mature buds on the plant to mature more before I harvest them. Is it worthwhile leaving some buds on the plant to mature more, or should I just harvest the entire plant?
Pictures will help if you have any.

Is it 9 weeks from seed or 9 weeks in flower?

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
9 weeks from the seedling stage. If it was 9 weeks in flower, I suspect I would have missed the optimum harvest time quite a while ago.

if it's 9 weeks from seedling it's nowhere near done.

9 weeks from flower is an average for a lot of indica's and short for haze/sativa's

pictures are needed, trichomes are your best bet to go by

K

KB1

Just guessing with the info given, you've got a minimum of 4 weeks left.
Thanks. Here are some pictures. Its tough to get good pictures with natural lighting during the hours I'm home and when the plants are under the grow light, but hopefully these pictures will work.
Some of the responses are confusing that say the plants should be in flower for 9 weeks as Northern Lights is a autoflowering strain and the info on it recommends harvesting at around 9 weeks from the seedling stage.
While all of the responses are appreciated, I think my question about harvesting the individual plants all at once or in stages as the individual flowers/buds mature may have been lost and the answers have been focusing on when to harvest as opposed to how to harvest.

K

KB1

Thanks. Here are some pictures. Its tough to get good pictures with natural lighting during the hours I'm home and when the plants are under the grow light, but hopefully these pictures will work.
Some of the responses are confusing that say the plants should be in flower for 9 weeks as Northern Lights is a autoflowering strain and the info on it recommends harvesting at around 9 weeks from the seedling stage.
While all of the responses are appreciated, I think my question about harvesting the individual plants all at once or in stages as the individual flowers/buds mature may have been lost and the answers have been focusing on when to harvest as opposed to how to harvest.

IMG 8030
IMG 8034
IMG 8036
IMG 8039
IMG 8041
IMG 8042
IMG 8043
IMG 8046
IMG 8047
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Northern Lights is not an auto flower strain. Northern Lights can be bought in reg auto and fem seeds. I am assuming that you planted an auto? All flowering times by breeders are suggested flowering time and are never set in stone. You have several immature white pistils showing that says you are always out from ripening. You have such a nice plant, it would be a shame to whack her now.
In what area are you seeing amber trichs? You should be looking inside the flower not sugar leaves or the very top that is exposed to the strongest light. Not a good indicator of ripeness.
As for your initial question, many harvest in stages and just as many harvest the whole plant. That’s kind of a personal preference.

K

KB1

Thanks,
Yes, the package the seeds came in says it is an autoflowering strain and the seeds are feminized.
The amber trichs started showing up about 2-3 days ago, but so far seem to be restricted to the top flowers/buds that are closest to the light. I'm not seeing them anywhere-else yet.
I'll wait to harvest until I see the amber trichs showing up inside the flower and in the recommended percentage.
Thank you!

R

rangabud

Thanks,
Yes, the package the seeds came in says it is an autoflowering strain and the seeds are feminized.
The amber trichs started showing up about 2-3 days ago, but so far seem to be restricted to the top flowers/buds that are closest to the light. I'm not seeing them anywhere-else yet.
I'll wait to harvest until I see the amber trichs showing up inside the flower and in the recommended percentage.
Thank you!
Also wait untill there's no or atleast not many white hairs on the bud either.
All them hairs should be brown/orange

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Here’s a good chart to use when deciding when to harvest

As said above you definitely have a few weeks left, the trichs on the leaves will amber before the bud trichs do, focus on the bud trichs when checking them out

C2C171BD 561D 479D 9362 7FD0D49AF7AD

Top Bottom