Room remodel - getto to great

• Thread starter singlespeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singlespeed

singlespeed

I always appreciate the folks that post photos of their rooms and I am remodeling my room and wanted to post some pictures of my progress. The first 2 are my old setup and rest are progress on my remodel. Here's what going on in there… Farmers let me know what you think.

My Room 10x9x8 hieght
IR Blocker on the ceiling
Blackout canvas on the walls and floor.
4x1000 Sun System 2 hoods, 6in ducting
2 random sized flood trays, almost 4x8
Top drip system, with 18 plants per tray.

8in intake fan with Hepa Air filter
12x39 Carbon Filter…HUGE!
Addition 6in ducting from joining closet.
12000 btu window AC

Getto1
Getto2
Great1
Great2
Great3
Great4
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Most excellent work/effort bro:)Mighty clean looking>>Can i suggest adding another light to each table and turn them going the other way:) Also what size reservoir's are you using?? 100 gallons minimum per 4x8 table:icon_spin:

Also I would be inclined to put them hugo's on top of coco mats>>they have 1.5 thk now<<
>>Cover the tables as well<<
Is how i would do things in there:damnhippie:

:passingjoint:

gtd

W

weedfarm

very clean looking. good job

I notice one of the hoods, the ducting has a serious kink to it, It is the hood furthest from the intake/exhaust.

You could run a bigger duct, like 10-12" down the middle for intake, then split it to each row of lights. Use one big fan to push or two 6" to suck. I prefer pushing for odor control.

Since you got the air cooled lights and AC, why not go sealed and add co2?

BTW you said you are running drip. Could you take some pics of how you go from the pump to the drip lines? some type of manifold design I assume. I have tables and run them E&F. thinking of doing a recirculating drip.

B

Buddy Flowers

"BTW you said you are running drip. Could you take some pics of how you go from the pump to the drip lines? some type of manifold design I assume. I have tables and run them E&F. thinking of doing a recirculating drip. "

x2 thanks

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Very nice job on the room. Looking forward to seeing it in action. ride singlespeed?

BTW you said you are running drip. Could you take some pics of how you go from the pump to the drip lines? some type of manifold design I assume. I have tables and run them E&F. thinking of doing a recirculating drip.

"BTW you said you are running drip. Could you take some pics of how you go from the pump to the drip lines? some type of manifold design I assume. I have tables and run them E&F. thinking of doing a recirculating drip. "

x2 thanks

Like to see what you using for drip as well.

in case, you don't have it worked out yet.... here is one option.

Hardware store sells a 3/4" threaded pvc fitting to join 2 threaded pipes together. Thread one end onto the pump.
3/4" fitting if your pump is 1200gph mag drive or larger, smaller mag drive pumps use 1/2"

Home de pot and hydro store sell a 3/4" threaded to 1/2" barbed fitting.
Ayt home de pot they are called a "funny pipe fitting" in the irrigation section.
Thread this fitting onto pump, then attach line to that.

Make drip manifold out of pvc or hdpe. Connect up same fitting as described above, then connect 1/2 line. Bam.

Or can hard pipe pvc and add the fitting close to where you need to route them.

I posted up a DIY thread here:

can also buy same top drip manifolds from west coast growers dot com

Hope that helps.

singlespeed

singlespeed

Good feedback guys. GTD I wish I could add another light but the room is way too small and the trays would block the door if I switched them, I already tried. I should have used a different room… instead of the smallest room in my house? I used a 70 gallon res last time and fed one and half trays/3 lamps, with weekly res changes. I actually felt like they got a bit too much water. So I am still trying to figure out the res situation. I might run 2 x 40 gallon res. What up with coco mat? I want to put something under the blocks. Are the mats better than slabs? I like that those mats because they are organic.

Ha ha, good eye weedfarm. I was waiting for the ducting comments. I need to fix that lol. Leadseld, I saw you setup, its very nice. How do you to clean it between grows. Last time, I used irrigation line zipped tied it to the tray and 1/4 feed line from there to the blocks. I replaced it afterwards because I don’t want to take a chance with ANYTHING!. It’s cheap and only takes a few minutes to do. Growing might be the only time when it’s good to be OCD about being clean! The drip inserts you are using are sick. I need those. I would like to get my waste line converter to PVC oppose to irrigation line. Oh the possibilities....

I am sick, so it’ll be a few days before I have more pics. Time to watch some football. Go Steelers!

singlespeed

singlespeed

Oh yes indeed, I have a onespeed MTB and would like to switch over my crossbike too.

hiboy

hiboy

I've always used coco ... then My buddy set two 4x4s stacked and then on a sixer with no coco, top drip. produced nicely

D

dankbank

very clean job considering all of the things going on in this room, most of the time u dont see a room nearly as clean even when dealing with a one or two light system

A+

singlespeed

singlespeed

I am no longer sick and the Steelers won last week, things are looking up. My room is pretty much finished now and below are some more pictures. Although, I just realized that I am much better at building a grow room than I am at taking pictures :) Here’s what happening in there now; I added my trays, waste lines and the de-humidifier(40 pint) connected into it, the kinked ducting is fixed, I had to ho-rig the window ac to prevent light leak but I hooked the ducting to my fan and it works well.

My pics are a day behind. I got my clones last night and I should have some new pics uploaded tomorrow. They are huge. I got 48 and half of them are over 10 inches already!
I put them into 6 in rockwool cubes last night and the only thing left to do is connect the feed pump and 1/4 feed lines into the irrigation lines.

-Single

Great7
Great8
Great9
Girl2
singlespeed

singlespeed

Thanks F1. I checked out your UC operation, looks good. I would like to try that type of system in the future. What strain are you growing and how tall do they get? What type of yield does it produce? I thought my ceiling were too low to run that system but it look like yours is 8ft too.

F

f1ydave

Thanks F1. I checked out your UC operation, looks good. I would like to try that type of system in the future. What strain are you growing and how tall do they get? What type of yield does it produce? I thought my ceiling were too low to run that system but it look like yours is 8ft too.

In room 1, Cheesus (Cheese x Godbud) is growing. I think the ceiling in there is 8ft tall or so.
In room 2, not sure of strain, we think strawberry cough. That ceiling is 7ft tall.

The Cheesus is 5ft tall now at almost 4 weeks of flower, probably another foot left of growing. My hoods are air-cooled, the plants can get 6"-8" from the light without burning. I have no idea what they yield. Limited internet sources say max yield for Cheesus is 120 grams per plant. I don't believe it as these things are huge. 4.5 more weeks of flowering will only tell.

You should be able to get away with 8 ft ceilings.

R

red I

cheesus christ!!!

whats good mate been lookin 4 sum1 who doin the cheesus for ages!!.. seems like not many ppl know about it i have a 1st time cheesus in hydro, iv been doin the afghan cheese the last 2 years and average no less than 25 oz per plant but jus felt like a lil change havin few probs wiv the cheesus it was drinkin feed quick at 1st so i upped the feed by .2 everytime n it was happy but then it suddenly stopped taking the feed n ec increased quik iv got it stable now but its on a low feed its just baffled me abit y it stopped intake all a sudden put it in flower a week ago i would appriciate anyyyyy feedback u have about this strain, thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom