Root Aphid Annhiliation (pics)

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

whats up guys! I was away from my garden for a few days, and was lazy about sterilizing after the last flip, and got a nasty batch of root aphids.
Root aphid annhiliation pics

I was using 1:5 diluted OGBiowar tea, and where that usually works as a preventative, these guys were just enjoying the free drink of molasses. So I hit them twice with full strength tea, four days apart, and this is the result:

Root aphid annhiliation pics 2

Root aphid annhiliation pics 3
Root aphid annhiliation pics 5
Root aphid annhiliation pics 6
Root aphid annhiliation pics 4

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

here is one of the worst hit spots, you used to not be able to see the coco through the swarm of aphids.
IMG 0416

and here's some fresh kills:

IMG 0421

you can see the fungus just starting to pop out of the guy on the left :finger:( i like this smiley where did these guys come from?!)
IMG 0422

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

and this is what alerted me to the problem - these plants were extremely healthy and communicate better than any crop i've had prior, i swear they had a signal for everything!

here's the "oh shit, there's something in my pants" signal:

IMG 0297

see how the tips of the leaves are pointing up like that? if those were roots, it would be similar to the tips of the laterals curling up from aphid bites. or at least that's the thought process i was having.

here's the bud on day 10:

IMG 0292

and the same plant, day 26:
IMG 0431

you can see the plant is less stressed, it's SAR is fully engaged from the tea. However root aphids really took a toll on the nutrient uptake from the roots. This is the most badly damaged plant in the garden, most likely the vector for the RAs. She's the only one whose colony didn't take a drastic hit from the teas, gonna give her another dose and see if that doesn't knock them out.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Man that baby powder sure does work! LOL! Those are some really cool shots WS. Your photo skills are A+!!!! Thank you for sharing.

Your RA's are like this: :nailbiting: :dead:

blazer

blazer

Killer post bro, got some biowar on its way right now had some fungas nats my dehumidifier is being flakey working intermintly,but did notice one mine having the serations pointing up also, that biowar devasted those RA!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Man that baby powder sure does work! LOL! Those are some really cool shots WS. Your photo skills are A+!!!! Thank you for sharing.

Your RA's are like this: :nailbiting: :dead:

first they were like :troll::woot::joyful:
then they were like :nailbiting::drowning: :dead:

That's awesome WS! Next time someone asks about RA's its as simple as pasting a link.

What strain you got there?

GR33N

this strain is Light of Jah, not sure of the origin i got it as a cut. Wonderful smoke! has that same sort of spicy sweet smell as DJ Short's Flo.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Yea great stuff, works on pretty much everything, even saw some dead crickets. I had these predatory wasps show up in my veg area that I sprayed with OG BW Foliar and those poor littles guys pretty much went from New York City to Calico Ghost Town. I had white flies and thrips which disappeared quickly. Works on helpful as well as dastardly exoskeletal creatures. I guess that even means bees, is it bad to spray on outdoor plants for this reason? I'm thinking yes because it was affecting everything inside. You think it'll work on termites?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Yea great stuff, works on pretty much everything, even saw some dead crickets. I had these predatory wasps show up in my veg area that I sprayed with OG BW Foliar and those poor littles guys pretty much went from New York City to Calico Ghost Town. I had white flies and thrips which disappeared quickly. Works on helpful as well as dastardly exoskeletal creatures. I guess that even means bees, is it bad to spray on outdoor plants for this reason? I'm thinking yes because it was affecting everything inside. You think it'll work on termites?

man to be honest I haven't seen anything crawling at all...used to have healthy springtail populations (always liked those guys) and even they went away. I also want to note I was foliar spraying at a 1:2 dilution tea/water immediately after watering and leaving all lights/fans off for two hours afterwards. When I spray the tea I make sure to spray as much under the canopy as above it - I like everything to get coated. I'm doing this up until week 4 or day 32.

Latest posts

Top Bottom