Root Aphids

• Thread starter roasthawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

roasthawg

Hey Cap,
Been using your teas faithfully in my perpetual grow for awhile now with great results! Just transplanted some plants at day one of flower and have spotted some root aphids. Debating on whether to use imid (meret75) with 56 days left or try some azasol combined with sm90. I've heard that sm90 may have negative effect on bennies... can you confirm or deny this? Also, any suggestions as to what you'd do to fight the root aphids in day one of flower?

d3cryption

d3cryption

Hit with some imid (bayer) , the continue with the teas.... Imid will knock them down, for at least 30 days.....

R

roasthawg

Hit with some imid (bayer) , the continue with the teas.... Imid will knock them down, for at least 30 days.....
Thanks! I hit em with Merit75 and will continue with weekly biowar tea and probably weekly azasol drenches thru week four or so.

soserthc1

soserthc1

DO not use azatrol and bennies together. Wait at least a week in between the two.
Didn't know this good info thou I tend to only do preventative bug maintenance every three weeks unless issues which knock on wood have been even knat free in the new room so far .. hopefully it stays that way ... about to re-up the bennie's to be prepared in case and the root pack always help and alot cheaper than zho - and others ...

R

roasthawg

DO not use azatrol and bennies together. Wait at least a week in between the two.
Could I get you to expound on this some? I watered with your tea today a day after hitting them with azasol (before I saw your post). Was planning on using azasol as a preventative treatment thru at least the first couple of weeks of flower... bad idea? Imid in veg a better route maybe?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Could I get you to expound on this some? I watered with your tea today a day after hitting them with azasol (before I saw your post). Was planning on using azasol as a preventative treatment thru at least the first couple of weeks of flower... bad idea? Imid in veg a better route maybe?

By azasol do you mean azatrol?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
let me look in to that then!

R

Ronnie88

I've used rosemary and dr bronners peppermint soap as a foliar and root drench for aphids. And when all else fails, some bleach has really sterilized the soil.

Had some plants that were showing phantom deficiencies, almost gave up on them and used bleach as a last resort. Never seen plants bounce back so fast.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Azasol is pretty much what I thought. A neem based product with azadirachtin. This will slow down the growth of the beneficial fungi.

Imid is as a last resort. It is also not compatible with beneficial microbes of any kind. I have read that outdoors the half life of imid is 6 months.

The makers of mighty wash NPK industries actually have a new product out that is registered with the EPA which they claim is safe to use because of the low concentration of imid. I don't really believe that it is safe to spray on cannabis, and I am sure the EPA did not ask if that was what the product was intended for, but I could always be wrong.

R

roasthawg

I've used rosemary and dr bronners peppermint soap as a foliar and root drench for aphids. And when all else fails, some bleach has really sterilized the soil.

Had some plants that were showing phantom deficiencies, almost gave up on them and used bleach as a last resort. Never seen plants bounce back so fast.
Never heard of bleach as a soil drench... how many mils/gal?

R

roasthawg

Azasol is pretty much what I thought. A neem based product with azadirachtin. This will slow down the growth of the beneficial fungi.

Imid is as a last resort. It is also not compatible with beneficial microbes of any kind. I have read that outdoors the half life of imid is 6 months.

The makers of mighty wash NPK industries actually have a new product out that is registered with the EPA which they claim is safe to use because of the low concentration of imid. I don't really believe that it is safe to spray on cannabis, and I am sure the EPA did not ask if that was what the product was intended for, but I could always be wrong.
I use mighty wash as a spray... will have to check out their new product. Thanks for the info!

R

Ronnie88

Never heard of bleach as a soil drench... how many mils/gal?

Neither had I. I just decided to try it cause I was outta peroxide and everything else wasn't working. Was waiting on bennies being shipped. So I just poured about 150 ml into my 150 gal res. I did this three desperate times and after each drench they perct up nicely 24 hrs later.

zeke

zeke

Never use products like merit that contain imidacloprid. That shit kills bees. Who knows what it will do to you. Do you really want to support and trust nazi companies like Bayer? Root aphids suck. Once you are familiar with their lifecycle then they are no big deal. I use one of those SNS rosemary oil products. Root drench everything once a day for three days and you will be fine. I'll spray the leaves too. If you dunk and spray you'll kill eggs, larvae, crawlers and flyers. Doing it over a three day period breaks the egg laying cycle. I've successfully eliminated those little bastards from my life. Also treat any new cuts the same way to maintain bio security

Last edited:
B

boo

zeke's right...imid has never been tested with anything that is inhaled...inhaling botyrus will kill you, imagine what imid has the potential to do...just give it some thought...

on another front, met52 will kill all phases of root aphids and it is bio friendly...I believe it's a fungus that coexists with biofriendlies and only attacks the predator...used in France in the grape industry you can damn well be sure they know what's up with the industry...I began using it a year ago and have seen zero critters in the swamp...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@boo the foliar pack has the equivalent of Met52. :)

B

boo

foliar pack, enlighten me...dunno anything about it but I'd like to just in case...

Top Bottom